Now you can have more money for mods...

MTG

Caught the Bug
So all the guys buying luxury cars are dumb consumers. I'm [sic] make sure to pass on your financial analysis of their investment judgment to the majority of the executives at pretty much every corporate parking lot in America.

Ooooh, first some long posts showing how smart you are, and now you have access to corporate executives? Color me impressed. What's next? Boasting about being liquid for $100K? Honestly, keep the sage advice coming...I need some entertainment while I sip on my morning coffee. :thumb:

Oh and yes, there are plenty of dumb executives out there, and I would lump the ones that are worried about cash flow yet are buying a six-figure car into that category.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Ooooh, first some long posts showing how smart you are, and now you have access to corporate executives? Color me impressed. What's next? Boasting about being liquid for $100K? Honestly, keep the sage advice coming...I need some entertainment while I sip on my morning coffee. :thumb:

Oh and yes, there are plenty of dumb executives out there, and I would lump the ones that are worried about cash flow yet are buying a six-figure car into that category.

At least I know that fact based logic and hard financial figures do not work with you. Rather, I know I can count on anecdotal, emotion-based rebuttals founded folklore advice. Those with far less than Mensa IQ can quickly know that the majority of your financial knowledge comes from google.com and can relegate your rants to ignorance.

MTG

Caught the Bug
At least I know that fact based logic and hard financial figures do not work with you. Rather, I know I can count on anecdotal, emotion-based rebuttals founded folklore advice. Those with far less than Mensa IQ can quickly know that the majority of your financial knowledge comes from google.com and can relegate your rants to ignorance.

:munching:

That's it? Is break time over or something?

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG, can I hire you to be my financial advisor? :D

My Jeep needs some TLC.

Haha, I missed this.

You don't want me as your financial advisor…you can get everything I know from google. Besides, you seem to be doing just fine. ;)

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Haha, I missed this.

You don't want me as your financial advisor…you can get everything I know from google.

Don't forget tarot cards, rolling the dice, and the financial column in Cosmopolitan magazine written by the 23 year old journalism school grad.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Don't forget tarot cards, rolling the dice, and the financial column in Cosmopolitan magazine written by the 23 year old journalism school grad.

I prefer chicken bones rolled out onto to floor out of a half monkey skull. :yup:

Not sure what I find more amazing, your logic or the fact that you haven't turned this into a political discussion and used the word liberal yet. :shock:

Why must everyone agree on your logic?

And speaking about facts. You threw out the hypothetical numbers with absolutely nothing to back them other than your opinion on why it's a "smart" decision.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I prefer chicken bones rolled out onto to floor out of a half monkey skull. :yup:

Not sure what I find more amazing, your logic or the fact that you haven't turned this into a political discussion and used the word liberal yet. :shock:

We have two things in common right now:
1) The amazed feeling. You're amazed about my logic and I am amazed by your financial ignorance. But if you want me to add a liberal take...like most liberals, your financial advice is based off of emotion rather than laws of economics.
2) The utter apathy for the other person/their opinion. I care about your opinion about as much as I care about the guy who flew me the bird for cutting his slow ass off this morning. I kinda noticed...kiiinda, I don't care, and somehow I'm smiling.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Why must everyone agree on your logic?

And speaking about facts. You threw out the hypothetical numbers with absolutely nothing to back them other than your opinion on why it's a "smart" decision.

Other than projections on future car values based off of current eBay "buy it now prices" those weren't hypothetical numbers. In reality future values would likely be worse since body styles would change on the BMW. Those were actual national lease offers taken off of MBUSA and BMWUSA's websites. You don't have to agree. My point is that its not always "silly/stupid/ignorant" to lease. Sometimes it may be, but not always.

Yes. I know what a lease is and "how they work".
Still retarded to even entertain the thought that it makes sense financially.

Then you must not be a business owner...leases are 100% write offs vs. a standard loan which is deprecated over 3 years plus you have to keep milage records. I guess all those major corporations are just "retarded" and don't have "sense financially". I'll tell you I leased almost every vehicle I had until my JK. I never lost a cent, always had the newest and best car I wanted and it was always under warranty. Sometimes financial sense doesn't mean the bottom dollar.

Then you must not be a business owner...leases are 100% write offs vs. a standard loan which is deprecated over 3 years plus you have to keep milage records. I guess all those major corporations are just "retarded" and don't have "sense financially". I'll tell you I leased almost every vehicle I had until my JK. I never lost a cent, always had the newest and best car I wanted and it was always under warranty. Sometimes financial sense doesn't mean the bottom dollar.

Why can't I be a business owner? Because I won't lease vehicles? Or won't have a car note that I can write off? lol

Write offs will never equal to the amount you would save by not purchasing or leasing new vehicles every year.

Look guys this topic got way out of hand. Maybe I shouldn't have used the words "retarded"and whatever. Just typing how I speak.

MTG

Caught the Bug
We have two things in common right now:
1) The amazed feeling. You're amazed about my logic and I am amazed by your financial ignorance. But if you want me to add a liberal take...like most liberals, your financial advice is based off of emotion rather than laws of economics.

Two words…nailed it. :thumb: You must do this for a living. :idontknow:

2) The utter apathy for the other person/their opinion. I care about your opinion about as much as I care about the guy who flew me the bird for cutting his slow ass off this morning. I kinda noticed...kiiinda, I don't care, and somehow I'm smiling.

What?! And you're a badass commuter? Panties are dropping nationwide. When is your book coming out?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why can't I be a business owner? Because I won't lease vehicles? Or won't have a car note that I can write off? lol

Write offs will never equal to the amount you would save by not purchasing or leasing new vehicles every year.

Look guys this topic got way out of hand. Maybe I shouldn't have used the words "retarded"and whatever. Just typing how I speak.

No you should have used those words. You still can too.

Never mind lol I'm not here to teach economics to someone that uses the word "retard" in their daily vocabulary. Very ignorant. Have a great day.

Top Bottom