Rough Country 3.25” lift kit questions & concerns

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wasn’t trying to disprove you or anything dude just tryna learn lol

LOL!! Never said you were trying to disprove me or anything and really, I couldn't care less even if you were. You just sound like you already have your ideas about how things work and really, that's cool. The most I can offer is what I have experienced over the years. You can take it or leave it. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
also just to be clear what’s like the max spacer kit i should get is 2.5 good ?

SO LONG AS the spacer kit comes with shock extensions OR shocks that are short enough to prevent too much droop, you should be fine with 2.5".

WJCO

Meme King
oh oh ok well idk why i guess i just thought that since it’s like a budget cheap kit that maybe you might brake something when you go off road but i’m not doing like extreme off-roading just probably like mild stuff in nj, ny and maybe PA would you have any suggestions for the kit maybe like brands to look for i honestly feel like it’s so hard to determine like what’s good and what’s shit

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Truthfully, nearly everyone here will give you good advice as far as product quality and try to save you money in the process. I will say this, Teraflex has more breaks than any company I've ever seen. You said you looked at that as one of your options. I would stay far away from that one if I were in your shoes.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
thanks really like this forum and honestly wasn’t too sure about extreme terrain their site looks nice but i’ve heard better things from places like quadratech and morris 4x4 anyway probably not anytime soon but for the near future i would say my goal is probably a 35” tire but i would really love to have a 37” i say 35 for now because i would have to change a lot more things to run 37s at least that’s what i’ve read up on it

EVO 2” front coils, 1” rear spacer, 35’s
IMG_9308.jpg
IMG_8607.jpg

cangro408

Truthfully, nearly everyone here will give you good advice as far as product quality and try to save you money in the process. I will say this, Teraflex has more breaks than any company I've ever seen. You said you looked at that as one of your options. I would stay far away from that one if I were in your shoes.

oh ok wow didn’t know that about teraflex thanks for the tip and didn’t realize spacer kit should come with shock extensions or shocks thanks guys i guess i’ll check quadratec and the forum for some spacer kits

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
EVO 2” front coils, 1” rear spacer, 35’s
View attachment 278673
View attachment 278674

^this. I bought my jeep with a rough country 3.5 lift already installed and am unhappy with the ride. If I had to do it and you only want 2ish inch of lift I would do this kit. 2inch evo springs in the front and 1inch spacer in the back. Pair it with some good shocks like rancho 9000xl. Should be very budget friendly and give you want you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
oh ok wow didn’t know that about teraflex thanks for the tip and didn’t realize spacer kit should come with shock extensions or shocks thanks guys i guess i’ll check quadratec and the forum for some spacer kits

For the most part you can trust just about any coil spacers as they are all made of the same thing. I'm pretty sure Rubicon Express makes up to two inch coil spacers. I run spacers on my TJ with longer shocks and it rides great and handles safely offroad (as long as I'm not behind the wheel). Good luck to your search but I think you'll be satisfied with a budget boost.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

LOL, good that you mentioned Nearly Everyone. Personally I always strive to give shitty advice :cheesy: /jk

WJCO

Meme King
LOL, good that you mentioned Nearly Everyone. Personally I always strive to give shitty advice :cheesy: /jk

Lol. We always will get some random dude that's been a member here for 3 years with hardly any posts and says 'I love my Terrorflex lift, you should get it.' They always seem to pop in at just the right time. Hence my use of the word 'nearly.' :D

BlackKnight

Lol. We always will get some random dude that's been a member here for 3 years with hardly any posts and says 'I love my Terrorflex lift, you should get it.' They always seem to pop in at just the right time. Hence my use of the word 'nearly.' :D

Wait, I love my Teraflex Lift !!...

Of course they are just front spacers to deal with the droop I got when I replaced the front bumper with the EVO Proseries and winch. and are just chunks of poly. But being Teraflex, I expect them to crack and be unusable inside of a year...

WJCO

Meme King
Wait, I love my Teraflex Lift !!...

Of course they are just front spacers to deal with the droop I got when I replaced the front bumper with the EVO Proseries and winch. and are just chunks of poly. But being Teraflex, I expect them to crack and be unusable inside of a year...

We've sadly had two members here in recent months with cracked Teraflex spacers. No joke.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45810-Spring-hitting-frame?p=894161&viewfull=1#post894161

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...isolated-cases?p=956616&viewfull=1#post956616

cangro408

^this. I bought my jeep with a rough country 3.5 lift already installed and am unhappy with the ride. If I had to do it and you only want 2ish inch of lift I would do this kit. 2inch evo springs in the front and 1inch spacer in the back. Pair it with some good shocks like rancho 9000xl. Should be very budget friendly and give you want you are looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks for the help guys and quick question i’ve seen a lot of the rancho shocks they look good how do you like how they ride and if i just got a brand new jk you think my willy’s package (aka rubicon performance suspension) is good enough or i should upgrade cuz a lot of the kits i see don’t come with anything extra other than like the spacers and sometimes shocks

WJCO

Meme King
thanks for the help guys and quick question i’ve seen a lot of the rancho shocks they look good how do you like how they ride and if i just got a brand new jk you think my willy’s package (aka rubicon performance suspension) is good enough or i should upgrade cuz a lot of the kits i see don’t come with anything extra other than like the spacers and sometimes shocks

I've heard great things about them but haven't run them myself. They do have a deal going on right now too though:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/48301-Shocktober-2017-is-here!!!-Take-advantage-of-the-rebate!

cangro408

what you guys think about this i selected the option with no shocks mostly because it doesn’t tell you which specific shocks you get but it has shock extensions what’s your guys take on using the extensions is it basically the same thing because i figure if i save up some more money later in life i can remove the extensions and buy some 2.5” shocks later on. IMG_6499.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
You mentioned 35's and 37"s tires.
This system with the RS9000's is a SCREAMING deal.
But would be really tough to fit 37" tires on this system.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...-sport-system-rs9000xl-shocks-rs66109br9.html

On Kane Creek with a spacer in the rear too, a 35" tire.

ForumRunner_20170415_230141_zps9tdcd3cz.jpeg

I also like our 3" SPORT system too. You can easily add to this down the road too.

http://www.gorancho.com/products/su...3-5-in-progressive-sport-system-rs66110b.html

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. :)
Matt

Last edited:
Top Bottom