Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

jesse3638

Hooked
Refrigerators got bigger too over the years, unfortunately the only way they made dishwashers bigger was to make the inside bigger since all openings are the same height and width. This has made it a horrible pain in the dick to install them the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah the door when open is about an inch off the ground now too.
Thanks! I’ve been welding for fun for years. It’s not hard to pick up especially with today’s machines. I would love to have a new multiprocess welder!!!! Im using either our snap on 175 for small stuff or the Hobart iron man for everything else...A friend has a millermatic 215 an it damn near will weld for you lol.

I'd love one but dont weld enough to justify it....haha.

The kitchen and downstairs is about finished (all the big stuff anyway) so I'm on to installing flooring upstairs.

I've pulled all this carpet on the landing and in front of the lav sinks. Never understood carpet in a bathroom.

IMAG3058.jpg
IMAG3060.jpg
IMAG3057.jpg

Fuck linoleum removal. I'll take tile anyday.

IMG_20190419_155321_01.jpg

I've got it all out, base pulled, and have the door casings and trim under cut. I've got the top stair nose glued down so I'm all ready to start with the floor. I'll snap more pics when I'm over there next.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Just a quick update. Got the last of the flooring down last night. I started on re-installing the base this morning.

IMAG3110.jpg
IMAG3111.jpg
IMAG3112.jpg
IMAG3113.jpg

For anyone looking at replacing their floors with laminate would I'd steer you away from that and highly recommend SPC. I think it looks great, should be really durable, is waterproof, and installs really easy. It also cuts without chipping using my ripping blade on the mitre saw. Its pretty flexible so it makes the tricky cuts a lot easier. If life stopped I could have easily installed this in a half day. I've got no experience with vinyl plank but I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy too.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
So my washing machine implodes yesterday... Got 13 years out of it, so today the wife and I go look at new machines... Unfortunately I missed the Memo and ALL machines are now a minimum of 38” tall. Lucky me, I built my countertops so I could slide a 36” tall Washer/Dryer under it.

Short story long... I’m rebuilding a washing machine. $500 in parts arrive Monday... Hopefully they last until we do our house addition. Fuck you Appliance Manufacturers. [emoji849]

Doh!!!! Gotta love it. Truth is you fixing it will probably outlast current machines.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just a quick update. Got the last of the flooring down last night. I started on re-installing the base this morning.

View attachment 326158
View attachment 326159
View attachment 326160
View attachment 326161

For anyone looking at replacing their floors with laminate would I'd steer you away from that and highly recommend SPC. I think it looks great, should be really durable, is waterproof, and installs really easy. It also cuts without chipping using my ripping blade on the mitre saw. Its pretty flexible so it makes the tricky cuts a lot easier. If life stopped I could have easily installed this in a half day. I've got no experience with vinyl plank but I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy too.

Looks great! What is SPC? I did all 3/4” hardwood. It took a while, but still happy 5 years later.

jesse3638

Hooked
What manufacturer or brand did you use? I’m looking at doing this for the kitchen

I went with Republic, The series is Great Oregon Oak and the color is Holm Oak. My inlaws recently had their entire house done in it. Coincidentally we chose the same flooring they did. A local flooring distributor let us take home a dozen of their 2'x2' samples to put down. That made it a lot easier to choose, especially because I'm a very visual person.

Flooring came out great!

Your place in looking good.

There is also now a large selection of Tile that looks like wood. Great for kitchens, bathrooms or even whole house.

Thanks. It's been a lot of work but I really enjoy it. So much so I'm talking to a coworker who is a GC also about potentially trying out flipping a house.

Looks great! What is SPC? I did all 3/4” hardwood. It took a while, but still happy 5 years later.

SPC is a luxury vinyl plank. SPC stands for Stone Plastic Composite. It's virtually water proof and offers low expansion due to it's density. Another nice thing about it is the planks are 9"x60" so in the open areas it goes really fast. The upstairs took some time due to all the cutting. You can also lay them side by side and tap them together if you don't have enough room to lift it to the 45 degree and lower it into place. Hardwood would have been nice but the labor involved would have taken me forever especially considering the down stairs is slab on grade. I also would have done the entire downstairs so I didn't end up with really high transitions.

Top Bottom