Bolt on portals

Great Pumkin

OP, I think you need to step back, take a deep breath, put your wallet away for the moment & ask yourself what you want out of your Jeep. What size tires do you want to end up with and what kind of wheeling are you looking at doing? Once you figure that out then you can look at whether or not you even need axles.

Edit: re-read some of this thread. If you're into overloading will you be looking at going bigger than a 37" tire? If not, I'd throw a Dynatrac PR44 under the front & call it a day.

I'm running at that measures out almost right at 36 right now and I don't want to go any bigger I don't hit the big rocks too often. I mostly Overland for hunting and fishing with my family. I'll check out the pr44. Then would you suggest beefing up the rear axle at all or leave it?

2012 Sahara

Ddays

Hooked
I'm running at that measures out almost right at 36 right now and I don't want to go any bigger I don't hit the big rocks too often. I mostly Overland for hunting and fishing with my family. I'll check out the pr44. Then would you suggest beefing up the rear axle at all or leave it?

2012 Sahara

Honestly man, if you're not going to 37's I'd thrown some C gusset on that front axle and run it as is but maybe keep a lookout for a D44 Rubicon takeoff. A PR44 is great piece of mind but I don't know if its an absolute need if you stay out of rocks. The rear should be fine. A lot of guys run 37's on stock rear axles.

Top Bottom