New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

sanham

clunk noise at my gate....

Hey guys... first of all thanks for all the info you have here,
i just installed my tire carrier, i changed the gate stopper hinge as the instruction said, but now i have a very bad clunk noise every time the stopper "gets in or out" the stop...

i read that only with some minor changes in the bolts could be fixed, but is still the same... Do you have any tip to make it disappear???
here you can se what im talking about , just mine stills with the noise...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10W_rgk3QN8

boardsurfer

i just installed my tire carrier, i changed the gate stopper hinge as the instruction said, but now i have a very bad clunk noise every time the stopper "gets in or out" the stop...

i read that only with some minor changes in the bolts could be fixed, but is still the same... Do you have any tip to make it disappear???

I left the stock arm in there. The instructions said that the arm provided with the kit was optional (I think) so I just left it alone.

Maybe go back to the original arm? Maybe the bolts are too tight and stripped in the tailgate?

sanham

I left the stock arm in there. The instructions said that the arm provided with the kit was optional (I think) so I just left it alone.

Maybe go back to the original arm? Maybe the bolts are too tight and stripped in the tailgate?

Ill try to go back to original......

tell you later how it goes...!!!!!

BPA

Looks like those two bolts connected to that hindge are loose. Mine does the same until I tightened them up.

sanham

solved.....

Results that if the bolt diameter is not exactly the same than the inner diameter from the door arm, so it will make noise every time you full open and close the rear gate. as the same if the small hinge bolts are loose.

so, step one make sure that the bolts are very tight, step two made a head shaft who can be locker with a truac lock and voila.... the noise is gone off course the hinge holes and the door arm holes are the same diameter and the shaft is little bit tight in them... so there is no space for movement here are some pics..
IMG_5608.jpg IMG_9471.jpg IMG_6061.jpg FullSizeRender 7.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug
His build thread said only the 2 metal brackets to the carrier bent. Tailgate was fine, he also said if the hardtop was on the window would’ve been busted.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aTX427

No, it held great, i have the tire back on there already, I’m thinking of getting a hitch skid to try to prevent this from happening again. It cost $130 to replace both brackets.

View attachment 285372

That is good to hear. There was a thread were I was asking about a hitch skid and someone suggested getting a drop receiver hitch and flipping it upside down.

clark98ut

IMG_2917.jpg

Installed mine yesterday. Install went really smooth. They now provide the bicycle brake pads as bumpstops with the kit, and no dreaded peanuts.

Last edited:

clark98ut

How much of a pain is it to get to the gate handle with 37s? Looks like the tire all but covered up the gate handle, I can imagine that can be annoying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think that’s a non-issue. A 37 would only be another inch in that direction, and I can’t see that being a problem.

Mine probably looks worse than it is due to the angle. If it wasn’t dark out right now, I’d go snap a pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom