Serpentine belt/tenionser

jeeeep

Hooked
Yep motor turns fine. I've never seen anything like this. Looks like I'll take a trip to the auto store tomorrow and see what I can do first. I can only imagine how hard it's going to be to get that bolt out. I only have a corded 1/2 impact

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

breaker bar, cheater pipe and floor jack. place the breaker bar (cheater pipe if needed) so it lays across the floor jack and use the floor jack to turn the wrench.

I've also seen it done by wedging the breaker bar on something in the engine bay and cranking the engine - let the engine force do it. I've never tried this method

WJCO

Meme King
I haven't done one on a JK, but it's tricky to remove the bolt if your impact isn't powerful enough. If you try a breaker bar, the engine will just keep turning over. There are tools to hold the flywheel at the back, but fitting it in there with engine in the vehicle can be tricky.

badandy1

breaker bar, cheater pipe and floor jack. place the breaker bar (cheater pipe if needed) so it lays across the floor jack and use the floor jack to turn the wrench.

I've also seen it done by wedging the breaker bar on something in the engine bay and cranking the engine - let the engine force do it. I've never tried this method

I've used the breaker bar against the frame of something stout and " TAPPED " the key. Please do yourself a favor if you go this route and unhook the coil. It doesn't take much to break the bolt loose go with this method.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks for all the advice guys. I tried to brace a breaker bar and tapped the key but didn't break it. I'm just going to take it to a shop and let them finish it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom