The Adventures of Fiona - '08 JK Rubicon 2-Door

BaddestCross

Thought you were at defense mine today?

Hope your heat issues are in the past.

We need to roll soon so I can get you those mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I was planning on it, but had to work. Even if I didn't, I would've bowed out because of this heat issue. Since at idle was when it reared its head, I figured crawling wouldn't be a good idea.

We definitely have to get together and hit the rocks soon... When will you be able to get a free Saturday?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

jdofmemi

I hope it is sorted out now. Got my fingers crossed for you.

We are overdue for a run. Missed you on the last one.

BaddestCross

Did you check both sides particularly the engine side of the radiator? You could have debris or mud in there. Is the condenser clear?

There's nothing blocking the fins... I haven't even run through any mud or anything to be concerned with. I was talking about the internals... There was junk inside that was probably from the heater core. I flushed everything until the water was clear.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

BaddestCross

NOTE TO SELF: 122k Miles

Well, after almost 4 years, I figured it was finally time to spoil Fiona with some new (yes, NEW, Kirk. Install your fucking lift already! 😎) tires. She's earned it. I've beaten the hell out of her and she always gets us home... Sometimes with a little help (thanks again, Vic and everyone for the radiator debacle), but she's gotten us home nonetheless. 😎

After running used Nitto Trail Grapplers in both 35s and 37s, I wanted to go a bit wider and didn't want to deal with the B51 sound of the Mud Grapplers. So, with a bit of encouragement from several members (except you, Greer 😜), I decided to go with the Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5s.

With help from Matt at Discount Tire Direct and the good folks at a local America's Tire, we made it happen in a day and for a price that couldn't be beat... thanks guys! 🍻

Initial impressions... The positive: They look awesome! 😂 I do like how the extra width makes Fiona look a lot more planted and it should help her feel more stable on the trail. They're quiet. Now, those of you that actually saw my last set know that they were really torn up, so anything would be an improvement. Between the road noise and wobble from being unbalanced, I could barely hear the radio at full blast. I obviously haven't taken them on the trail yet, so I can't speak to performance.

The cons: I aired down to 28psi where I'm used to keeping the Nittos on the road... On the highway, it almost feels like I'm driving on marshmallows. Not sure if it's because of a softer compound or softer sidewalls, but I'll probably air up to 32psi to see if that feels any better. I have to look at the speedometer more than before now... My old tires used to get a major wobble around 60mph and an odd vibration around 80mph. Those are gone now, so I've gotta figure out another landmark. 😂 Probably the thing that threw me off the most was how much weight the took too balance. Anywhere from 7-11 ounces on each tire... Not a fan.

I'm hopefully gonna be able to hit the rocks this weekend so I'll be able to better tell how they perform... Looking forward to a new adventure.

20190502_115104.jpg
20190502_115123.jpg
20190502_115143.jpg

--

jdofmemi

She's looking great with new shoes!

Way to go James!

Wish I could make it for your inaugural run with new tires. I have a new work project I will be on all weekend.

BaddestCross

Those look awesome James. I’m sure you’re really going to like them on the trail. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

She's looking great with new shoes!

Way to go James!

Wish I could make it for your inaugural run with new tires. I have a new work project I will be on all weekend.
Thanks guys... Wish the both of you were available this weekend. Hope to catch up sometime soon. 🍻

--

Top Bottom