VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - NEW EVO JL Wrangler Coilovers / Long Arms & More - Moab EJS 2018

RockingK

Well done EVO

This is another great example of low COG with great travel and road manners. Sounds like you could adjust it up a bit to fit 40’s+ perhaps needing wheel spacer/less back space with very little effort. The ride on the bumps was amazing or Eddie had the super stabilizing compensator on the video camera...LOL. Great job guys, thank you:thumb:

BdugJK

Man I should have picked a profession that pays better, or go into serious debit and build up my rig like I would love to. Thanks for the video!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the report out Eddie! I love how excited Mel is about the new kit. As usual, EVO takes the lead on design and functionality. I love how the control arm mounts in the back are tucked up against the frame for ultra clearance. I bang the crap out of the rear mounts on my double D long arm but I should probably just be more careful with picking lines. I hope to someday update to coilovers so I can change to the high clearance design.

Brute

Hooked
I'm glad Mel is working on the aftermarket for the JL early in the game...can't wait to see how this translates to the new pick up, which I'm keeping my eye on...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great set up. I like the fact that it looks like it’s pretty easy to install the coil overs in your driveway.

EVO really worked hard at making this as easy for a regular guy to install as possible. :yup:

Very cool to see the new stuff.

It really is. Hard to believe that the JL has only been out for a few months :crazyeyes:

So Cool!... Mel is one smart Dude.

Talented for sure and smart to have a good engineer to help him make the things he wants. :yup:

Awesome just ordered a lift kit and will look to get the sliders as well. Thanks for the video

You bet! Glad that it was helpful to you :cool:

Pretty cool stuff!

To think, this is just the beginning :crazyeyes:

Alright that’s it! I quit being a member of wayalife. I can’t afford this free forum!!!! That’s FREAKING AMAZING!! Damn that setup is so freaking sweet. Ugh! They really did an amazing job. Now I gotta figure out how to sell my brand new Jeep and start over. I’m so screwed.

:cheesy: The struggle is real :D

That’s really awesome! EVO is bad ass!

Glad you like what you see.

How about there’s a 37 in back & you can still see? The fact that everything can bolt in is an amazing testament to the platform & that Mel & crew really know & care. Now where’s my plush ride leveling kit to get the Sahara on 35s?

They're still working on the coils. They have a set now but Mel isn't happy with the spring rate so they're going back and will work on it a bit more. Be patient and I think you'll like what you ultimately get. :yup:

That's some awesome stuff!!

It really is :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, how much for a 2 door version?

For which part? Or, are you asking about all of what you're seeing? Either way, I don't know if pricing has been released yet.

Man, that's awesome. Quality shit right there and that stance if legit. Great looking kit.

Having driven this JL, it really is as nice as it looks. :yup:

I wasn't around for the introduction of the JK, but I'm really impressed with how much is out already for the JL. Can't wait to see what is next.

The more I see, the more I think I might be in the market for a JL in the next 2-3 years. :clap2:

LOL!! Resistance is futile :D

Very nicely engineered! Really nice job EVO.

Hard to believe this is just some of the early stuff they're putting out. :crazyeyes:

Sweet, cant wait for the JL with the diesel engine. Now that I am seeing the Jeep pickup prototype I wonder what Evo will do for the leaf spring assuming that the Jeep pickup will have it?

Oh, believe me, they've got plans for the truck for sure :crazyeyes:

Want it! Jeep looks awesome! [emoji1316]

It really is sweet :yup:

This is bad ass!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder if Eddie returned the jeep back to Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only under duress. Mel was driving our JL and Tessa was still riding in it :crazyeyes:

That’s awesome! How long till Jet Li will have that setup? [emoji23]

LOL!! Hopefully sooner than later. Still want to test out some standard coils and shocks first. :yup:

Thank you for the very well done video. Mel did a great job of explaining everything. I like that he mad it easy for the average person to install. :thumb:

Glad you liked what you saw in the video :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is another great example of low COG with great travel and road manners. Sounds like you could adjust it up a bit to fit 40’s+ perhaps needing wheel spacer/less back space with very little effort. The ride on the bumps was amazing or Eddie had the super stabilizing compensator on the video camera...LOL. Great job guys, thank you:thumb:

Oh yeah, the ride was awesome and getting it up on 40's shouldn't be a problem. :yup:

Great job. I love it.

That BEAST rocks !!!!!!!!!!

It really does :yup:

:clap2::clap2::beer::beer::beer:

:)

Man I should have picked a profession that pays better, or go into serious debit and build up my rig like I would love to. Thanks for the video!

LOL!! Glad you liked the video :cool:

This is awesome! It’s nice to see the aftermarket coming on pretty fast. Wonder how long till Jet Li ditches the budget boost?!?

Need new shocks first. The added weight of our new wheels and tires are making it hard for our factory shocks to keep up. Coils make up the better part of ride quality and I'd be hard pressed to just throw on the first set that come out. Ride quality trumps lift and I'd want to make sure that mine is still nice and soft. :yup:

Wow! Talk about travel.. this is really cool[emoji106]

Truth be told, it's too much for the factory front shaft.

Thanks for the report out Eddie! I love how excited Mel is about the new kit. As usual, EVO takes the lead on design and functionality. I love how the control arm mounts in the back are tucked up against the frame for ultra clearance. I bang the crap out of the rear mounts on my double D long arm but I should probably just be more careful with picking lines. I hope to someday update to coilovers so I can change to the high clearance design.

To be fair, the rear brackets on your Double D kit is where they really should be to give you optimal suspension geometry. The downside of it is that they do get hit and hung up on things. On the JL, EVO was able to located these brackets up high and further forward to give you better geometry than what comes on the JK high clearance brackets.

Can I just say, I love EVO

Fanboy for good reason

:cheesy: You're only a fanboy if you feel the need to defend a product. EVO products don't need any defending.

Awesome set up!

Indeed it is :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad Mel is working on the aftermarket for the JL early in the game...can't wait to see how this translates to the new pick up, which I'm keeping my eye on...

All I can say is that you really need to give the Mopar Sandstorm concept a hard look. :crazyeyes:

Brute

Hooked
All I can say is that you really need to give the Mopar Sandstorm concept a hard look. :crazyeyes:

I did...it's really nice. Are you saying I should convert a JL into a short bed pickup and drop a 6.4 inside ?...I'd consider it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I did...it's really nice. Are you saying I should convert a JL into a short bed pickup and drop a 6.4 inside ?...I'd consider it.

:cheesy: Just saying to give it's suspension a good look for things to come. ;)

BANSHEE13

Thats so awesome! Makes me wanna trade in my 2dr JK for a new JL. Any word on when the new sliders are being released and if there will be a 2dr version for JK?

Top Bottom