Gladiator lackluster sales??

bonedoc

I agree, they do look much better lifted with atleast 37s. I was fortunate...my wife has wanted me to get one for the longest time. We bought her Grand Cherokee Hemi in April of 2019 and if the gladiator had been available then she would of bough that. I was on the fence because I really didn't want another payment but eventually...LOL... I had to. My son asked me, why didn't you just buy a pickup? I told him because any other 'pickup' can't do what this one can...and I didn't want just a pickup.
They definitely are a unique niche. The dealership I bough mine at said they sell probably 3-4 a month where as with JLs, they sell about 10-12 a month.

jwrangler15

I'm not a fan still. But, I will say I like Eddies, Brutes, Evos, and Bubbas because they are lifted with 40s and done right. They are just so damn ugly stock. And why don't they have a normal rear door?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can agree with you to an extent. I have found a few rubicon trims with no lift but 35s and look good. I think the thing that throws me off for ugliness is the tailgate. They could have designed that better. Make the lettering bigger or embossed or stamped it in like other companies. But for me it fits my lifestyle perfectly. I want a Jeep and I need a truck for outdoor activities and household shit that I do weekly. I do not need a full size truck towing and payload wise. So I don’t need this huge bed, but to each there own. I will miss the interior space of my f150 having two kids, but I grew up with out having a truck and it was fine. They are unique. And I can still get that open air/door feeing that I miss with my tj. I can get this vehicle vs having a Wrangler and a truck. And after showing my wife pics daily she likes them, couldn’t stand them at first. But she only like the Rubicon trim. Adjustments.jpg Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I think the thing that throws me off for ugliness is the tailgate. They could have designed that better.

I love the tailgate, lol. I think they did great on it.

I want a Jeep and I need a truck for outdoor activities and household shit that I do weekly. I do not need a full size truck towing and payload wise. So I don’t need this huge bed, but to each there own.

Same here. I started this thread recently: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/59397-What-s-In-The-Bed-Of-Your-Gladiator

We literally use this thing weekly for stuff like this. Groceries, backpacks, boxes from random stores, taking shit to the dump, etc.

I will miss the interior space of my f150 having two kids, but I grew up with out having a truck and it was fine.

We have 3 kids and all 5 of us love the amount of space in the JT. No complaints even on road trips. I've owned an F150 and an F350, although they're roomier than the JT, I'd still take the JT.

TheGrendel

That thought has crossed my mind...what is easier, chopping a 137" wb down to 128" and bobbing the bed...or stretching a 118" wb to 128"?...

Isn't the JT frame stronger overall than the JL frame? Assuming I didn't just pull that out of my ass, I would start with the stronger foundation.

Brute

Hooked
The JT is a part of history, a great Jeep history...and possibly the very last Jeep truck. I'm getting one, with this trim package...

gettyimages-157292785-612x612[1].jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Since I currently have two moderately built JKUR's that I am not getting rid of any time soon, I don't really see the point in picking up a JLUR. Although Jeep made some major improvements over the JK, the JL is still close enough to the JK that it is a little boring to me. For me, the JT is something new and exciting and I see endless possibilities for little things that can be done to make it unique and personal. I could also use the extra storage space and true truck bed, but don't really have any interest in a full size truck. Plus, I love Jeeps. I suppose my mind could change next year though when I actually start the shopping process.

Brute

Hooked
Since I currently have two moderately built JKUR's that I am not getting rid of any time soon, I don't really see the point in picking up a JLUR. Although Jeep made some major improvements over the JK, the JL is still close enough to the JK that it is a little boring to me. For me, the JT is something new and exciting and I see endless possibilities for little things that can be done to make it unique and personal. I could also use the extra storage space and true truck bed, but don't really have any interest in a full size truck. Plus, I love Jeeps. I suppose my mind could change next year though when I actually start the shopping process.

Sandstorm 1.jpg

……….

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Sandstorm is gorgeous for sure, but it is not for me. I actually really like having four doors and the ability to fully enclose the cab for winter weather and "security". That black bobbed bed that you posted a picture of, as well as the JT from SEMA that Eddie posted up, would be ideal for me if I was going to spend the money on some body work. I won't be going that crazy anytime soon though. A JTUR on 37's would be plenty for me for the foreseeable future and I would have a blast coming up with some stuff for the existing bed...and the interior of the cab. Really, the JT is close to a perfect camping vehicle for me.

Brute

Hooked
Sandstorm is gorgeous for sure, but it is not for me. I actually really like having four doors and the ability to fully enclose the cab for winter weather and "security". That black bobbed bed that you posted a picture of, as well as the JT from SEMA that Eddie posted up, would be ideal for me if I was going to spend the money on some body work. I won't be going that crazy anytime soon though. A JTUR on 37's would be plenty for me for the foreseeable future and I would have a blast coming up with some stuff for the existing bed...and the interior of the cab. Really, the JT is close to a perfect camping vehicle for me.

I'm thinking of this with a king cab, rear removable soft wall with vinyl window...and a longer bed toward the cab with 10" more wheelbase...and I may let you drive it when you come south for Raider games...your new team.

jwrangler15

I love the tailgate, lol. I think they did great on it.

Same here. I started this thread recently: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/59397-What-s-In-The-Bed-Of-Your-Gladiator

We literally use this thing weekly for stuff like this. Groceries, backpacks, boxes from random stores, taking shit to the dump, etc.

We have 3 kids and all 5 of us love the amount of space in the JT. No complaints even on road trips. I've owned an F150 and an F350, although they're roomier than the JT, I'd still take the JT.

Thats good to hear! just making me justify my purchase even more when the time comes. Trying to hold out till the next model year to save up more for a down payment and to see if they do any changes from the first model year. Highly doubt it though. If there are no changes then Ill try and get a deal on the last of the 20's. I plan on trading in my F150 once winter is over.

jeeeep

Hooked
i'm holding out to see how much the price dropson the JT

I've already found some nicely loaded JT Rubicons discounted close to 7k compared to 4k a few months ago.

I think a Sport or Overland will fit in my driveway once the price drops a bit more …. which I hope it will

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I used my old spider web shade off my JK last summer. It worked decent enough for me to not want anything else.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Do you have a picture? Did you have to fold down the windshield on the JT to install it?

Like I said it's not perfect but good enough for when I take the top off, and no I didnt drop with windshield to get it on. I did drop it because it's easy to do and pretty fun to drive around.

Attachments

• 20190831_181726.jpg
    20190831_181726.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190831_181718.jpg
    20190831_181718.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 71
  • 20190831_181711.jpg
    20190831_181711.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 70
Top Bottom