Evo 1/4 with other stinger options.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Just curious if anyone has pictures of the evo 1/4 with other stingers or d ring mounts. Thinking about going with an lod stinger.

Also trying to find pictures of white JK's with no stinger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Just curious if anyone has pictures of the evo 1/4 with other stingers or d ring mounts. Thinking about going with an lod stinger.

I don't think a majority of them would work without some fab work.
LOD's is weld on - I don't think they sell the stinger separately.
Why don't you like EVO's stinger? It looks great with their bumper.

Napalm

Eddie and swampdog did a Pure Jeep bare Bonez bull bar on there 1/4 Pounders at one time, but I've never seen any other stinger on there.

The Revolution stinger that EVO makes is tough and looks really good. What makes you want to go with something different?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Also another question. Evos vacuum pump relocates it under the hood but I have my Arb twin in that spot. Other ways people have relocated them?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Eddie and swampdog did a Pure Jeep bare Bonez bull bar on there 1/4 Pounders at one time, but I've never seen any other stinger on there.

The Revolution stinger that EVO makes is tough and looks really good. What makes you want to go with something different?

Was contemplating a bull bar. Just saw lod had a bolt on one. But I would have to buy d ring mounts and would be the same price. I'm torn between going with just d ring mounts or a stinger..

There's a guy on another forum that did exactly that. looked pretty good. I think he used some washers to level things out.

I actually put the lod bolt-on stinger on my rugged ridge xhd aluminum bumper.

J

JKDream

Question for ones that have installed the 1/4 pounder. Has anyone used just an angle grinder to cut the cross bar?

I don't have a 1/4lbr but I cut my crash bar out. Grinder made short work of it. A sawzall etc would've been a pain in the ass near the welds.

jmedgar

Question for ones that have installed the 1/4 pounder. Has anyone used just an angle grinder to cut the cross bar?

I used an angle grinder and it was super easy. I cut everything I could off the front and sides then bent it towards the rear of the jeep to get access for the final cuts. Cleaned it all up with a flapper wheel and it came out great.

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Curious. Thinking about do the install tonight. Roughly how long to install the 1/4 pounder? Removing a smittybilt bumper not factory.

Last edited:

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I did the same install this weekend. It's pretty painless if your current bumper comes off okay. I only have two obvious pieces of advice to pass on:

1. The EVO bumper bolts require a very large allen socket (3/8"). Required a trip to the hardware store for me.

2. If your jeans are split in the ass, it is possible to shoot yourself in the nuts with sparks while using the angle grinder.:eek:

IMG_6635.jpg

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I did the same install this weekend. It's pretty painless if your current bumper comes off okay. I only have two obvious pieces of advice to pass on:

1. The EVO bumper bolts require a very large allen socket (3/8"). Required a trip to the hardware store for me.

2. If your jeans are split in the ass, it is possible to shoot yourself in the nuts with sparks while using the angle grinder.:eek:

View attachment 254299

Looks good. I ended up using a sawzall. Good thing I didn't use a grinder. My work pants have holes in them. I bought a 3/8 Allen socket to find out I already had one.

Top Bottom