Go and shove evo up your ass and get over yourself

Guy I bought my jeep from said he had a synthetic/regular blend. Is this normal? And should I just run synthetic regardless since it's better?

Also, been looking at different lift kits, tons of options and prices, which have you found that are best quality and best price. The current kit on my jeep is a cheap one and I want to change it asap just to be safe .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's not recommended to mix regular oil with synthetic oil as the synthetic oil has additives and the properties that are in those additives could interact and cause the oil to destabilize and thus cause internal damage, me personally i would run synthetic oil but if u are on a budget and can oil afford regular oil stick with a good brand like Castrol or Valvoline, as for the lift i have a Rough Country X-Series lift with dual stabilizers in the front it has been a very good lift and have had none of the problems that i have heard from other members.

J

JKDream

It's not recommended to mix regular oil with synthetic oil as the synthetic oil has additives and the properties that are in those additives could interact and cause the oil to destabilize and thus cause internal damage, me personally i would run synthetic oil but if u are on a budget and can oil afford regular oil stick with a good brand like Castrol or Valvoline, as for the lift i have a Rough Country X-Series lift with dual stabilizers in the front it has been a very good lift and have had none of the problems that i have heard from other members.

My god please stop.
He is likely running a semi-synthetic oil which is perfectly acceptable.
I would also not be recommending a Rough Country kit with dual stabilizers as OP is looking to upgrade, not downgrade.

TheGrendel

sweet mother of god. :cheesy:

JRUnlimited

He was probably talking about a synthentic blend which I've seen a couple of companies make. This is not something you mix yourself. It comes premixed from the manufacturer. Basicslly it's cheaper than a full synthetic and lasts a little longer than conventional. I've used it before and seems okay, but I tend to stick with a full synthetic as it lasts longer.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Oil and lift kit.

I would also not be recommending a Rough Country kit with dual stabilizers as OP is looking to upgrade, not downgrade.

Lol, well said. I just took my steering stabilizer off today because it was causing a slight vibration in the steering wheel and also making a whining sound when making a left turn. I was freaking out that my brand new PSC steering box was acting up.
I don't even know if I'll be putting it back on, it doesn't seem that I need it because all my shit is tight.

Edit: it is a charged bilstein stabilizer, and it sits on a funky angle on my new tie rod.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My god please stop.
He is likely running a semi-synthetic oil which is perfectly acceptable.

Please explain on why to stop, since u think you know it all i'm sick of guys like u that are bandwagon guys that team up and bash other people, i'm here to provide advice and share my experiences to other members not to handle a bunch of little kindergartners, perhaps u didn't read eddies rules , and i'm not recommending him to downgrade i'm providing my experience with the lift i have and the steering stabilizers have actually helped my rig out quite a bit as-well as other items.

J

JKDream

Please explain on why to stop, since u think you know it all i'm sick of guys like u that are bandwagon guys that team up and bash other people, i'm here to provide advice and share my experiences to other members not to handle a bunch of little kindergartners, perhaps u didn't read eddies rules , and i'm not recommending him to downgrade i'm providing my experience with the lift i have and the steering stabilizers have actually helped my rig out quite a bit as-well as other items.

The last few posts I've read from you have been spreading misinformation and really poor advice.
OP is looking for an upgrade, although you are happy with your kit it is lower end compared to most.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King

Ummm.... NO.

-Sent from the kindergartner bandwagon.

The last few posts I've read from you have been spreading misinformation and really poor advice.
OP is looking for an upgrade, although you are happy with your kit it is lower end compared to most.

Actually it's been factual advice and good advice seems like u have a disagreement with a certain product i like and that's fine, whats not fine is that fact your trying to incite drama and cause problems, and please let me know what misinformation cause i will gladly like to know.

Ddays

Hooked

Good grief, go home and have your mom put your big boy pants on and then come back to play.

And here, ........................................., when you do come back use some of these so you don't sound like a hyperactive dumbass.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
This is actually not true... Back when synthetic oil did come out originally they thought it not to be compatible with regular oil. However there have been studies done and shown that is perfectly acceptable to mix the two and will not cause harm. Also as everyone else dated he is probably running a synthetic blend which is perfectly acceptable as well.

Too OP..... You can run full synthetic, synthetic blend...or regular oil completely up to you. I am a firm believer in synthetic and I run 8000 Miles on an oil change running Mobil 1 full synthetic or full synthetic high mileage and would recommend you change the filter halfway through. I run the filter the whole time. I have done this on my Ram pickup since I bought it and it has 226,000 MI and bought it with 54,000 miles on it and has been just fine. Again my personal preference but I believe synthetic is better and you can run it longer. Or you can run regular oil for about half the price and change everything out around 5,000 miles. There have been many studies done on regular oil as well lasting up to and over 10,000 miles and being just fine as well. Although most people don't choose to go that long on regular oil.

As far as the lift as WJCO asked... What are you running now? As long as your setup is okay and nice and tight changing the lift is just personal preference at this point. Save up the money for a good lift or buy a good lift used if you can find one.

Again just my$0.02. I have found two lift kits so far that I have purchased online off of Craigslist and such that are in perfect shape and saved a ton of money. Might not be the smartest investment but again saved a ton of money and bought lift kits for little to nothing and give me good idea of where I want to go but I was also starting from scratch more less on one of them. In the end it's going to have to be your personal decision. Good luck 👍

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom