I have the Jeep sads

Jeepie13

I bought myself a replacement Jeep for my xj (RIP). I was feeling super special, too. I got to laugh as I watched multiple people struggle with removing the key but it came right out sword in the stone style when I tried. It wasn't the Jeep I wanted but it was one I could afford and it seemed like it would be a good interim Jeep.
Normally my 2.5 year old can spot a hiding Jeep and identify it before anyone else can. He loved our xj and we were in the process of customizing the interior to his liking while saving up for bigger mods. And at 5 ft tall with 2 kids in rearface carseats, I wasn't prepared for loading and unloading- that comes when they are old enough to climb in themselves.
He won't even acknowledge the new Jeep. And other Jeepers don't either... am I even a Jeeper anymore?! I have failed the Jeep gods by getting a Liberty haven't I?!

Ronnie

OldManJeepin

I do wave to lifted/modded non-Wrangler type Jeeps...If they are not modded in some way, I just assume they are "cars" to the drivers. I get the sadness though...I am on my 9th Jeep as of a few weeks ago...I have driven other vehicles in between Jeeps, Mustangs and whatnot.....was *never* happy driving anything else though! I just sold my 02 TJ yesterday...Frame rotted out from under me! Basically I sold the Cooper STT's for $1200 and gave him the rest of the Jeep.....Sad....had a lot of good times in that old TJ!

Jeepie13

Thank you for giving me hope!

I've actually had a hard time finding much for customizing the Liberty. I don't know if I'm looking in all the wrong places, or if it seems like a lot less compared to other things, or if there really just isn't as much.

Ronnie

HoosierWolf

I have a special place in my heart for XJs. My first jeep was an XJ and I still miss it. I traded her for a Ram 1500. Stupidest trade ever.

We do have a lot of modified Libertys around here though and they look pretty cool & I wave to them. I've also seen stock Libertys wheel at an offroad park and in Hawaii. I was pretty surprised. Even stock they are more capable than I'd have thought. Not that I'm an expert.

Gbint

I too wanted to do a a XJ. Sort of built one in my head many times over. However when the JK showed up for my 60th birthday I changed my focus. Still, a decent XJ can be found for a good price and may still be on my bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepie13

I haven't seen any around here that have been modified. I keep hoping... I mostly see old ladies driving them. I live on a great lake so all the XJs have pretty bad cancer. I searched the vin on my old one and found it on an action website and got even more sad.

I have big dreams for my future XJ. And had some big dreams for the Lib, too (still having a hell of a time finding stuff). This is the second time in 2 weeks it's been in the shop. They can't figure out what's going on with it. I need some good Liberty support.

Ronnie

Jeepie13

Mine is finally starting to get my son's approval. I definitely want to mod it when I can afford it.

Ronnie

EmJustEm06

Thank you for giving me hope!

I've actually had a hard time finding much for customizing the Liberty. I don't know if I'm looking in all the wrong places, or if it seems like a lot less compared to other things, or if there really just isn't as much.

Ronnie

Well, I have to defend my baby here. I bought it for the same reason - better family car for the car seats..! XJ is a long term, someday goal.
Finding mods is SUPER hard and I hate it. I consider myself a Jeeper with her because I have taken the time to mod what I can and do take her off-roading.
IMG_6160.JPG
IMG_4798.JPG
She has a three inch lift with two inch wheel spacers. In the process of blacking her out. Haven’t had any luck finding bumper mods that don’t cost half of her worth, so the hubby and I are in the process of drawing up plans to make our own. End goal for her:
IMG_3748.JPG

longarmwj

Well, I have to defend my baby here. I bought it for the same reason - better family car for the car seats..! XJ is a long term, someday goal.
Finding mods is SUPER hard and I hate it. I consider myself a Jeeper with her because I have taken the time to mod what I can and do take her off-roading.
View attachment 296337
View attachment 296343
She has a three inch lift with two inch wheel spacers. In the process of blacking her out. Haven’t had any luck finding bumper mods that don’t cost half of her worth, so the hubby and I are in the process of drawing up plans to make our own. End goal for her:
View attachment 296342

Finding mods for a Libby is actually super easy, you just have to know where to look ;)

Like I said in a previous thread, back years ago I had a Libby on 33s, and finding what I needed for it wasn't very hard at all!! There are actually a bunch of specialty shops that cater specifically to Liberties and other IFS Jeeps such as Jeepin-By-Al, and Rock Lizard Fabrications (not sure if Rock Lizard is still around or not, haven't looked in a long time).

EmJustEm06

Finding mods for a Libby is actually super easy, you just have to know where to look ;)

Like I said in a previous thread, back years ago I had a Libby on 33s, and finding what I needed for it wasn't very hard at all!! There are actually a bunch of specialty shops that cater specifically to Liberties and other IFS Jeeps such as Jeepin-By-Al, and Rock Lizard Fabrications (not sure if Rock Lizard is still around or not, haven't looked in a long time).

Good to know! Never heard of Jeepin-By-Al. I’ll have to look ‘em up! Any site I’ve visited has had very limited options for a “Libby”, as you say haha

Jeepie13

View attachment 296337
View attachment 296343
View attachment 296342

I don't have room for a front seat passenger with 2 rearface carseats. Once the kids are forward faced it will be so much easier! 1.5 years left for the little guy and 3.5 years for the princess.

I've been seeing a lot more xjs here recently, and they all look like they came from the south.

Ronnie

Top Bottom