DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

12CrushJK

I've noticed on websites that the one for 2012 w/ 3.6L is only listed as being for the Unlimited while the one for 07-11 is listed for the JK and the JKU. Can you tell me the difference in the two systems? They do have different part numbers... Will the one list for the 2012's fit on the JK? Are the EVAPs located in the same place on the JK vs JKU?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed on websites that the one for 2012 w/ 3.6L is only listed as being for the Unlimited while the one for 07-11 is listed for the JK and the JKU. Can you tell me the difference in the two systems? They do have different part numbers... Will the one list for the 2012's fit on the JK? Are the EVAPs located in the same place on the JK vs JKU?

honestly, i'm not sure about a 2012-up 2-door but, i would have to assume there is something different with it that would prevent the installation of this kit. or, at least without having to do any modifications.

12CrushJK

I called and talked to a guy at DynoMax and he said there were no plans on making one for the 2DR and that this one would not work because it would dump out right over the axle. Now, I see that Magnaflow is releasing a system that looks almost identical to the DynoMax except they DO offer it for BOTH models...the one for the 2DR just having a shorter mid pipe.

Toneman

I called and talked to a guy at DynoMax and he said there were no plans on making one for the 2DR and that this one would not work because it would dump out right over the axle. Now, I see that Magnaflow is releasing a system that looks almost identical to the DynoMax except they DO offer it for BOTH models...the one for the 2DR just having a shorter mid pipe.

The 39516 listed for the 2007-2011 is suppose to be applicable for both the 2 door and the four door according to quadratec, the problem i ran into was the Mounting position of the last hanger doesn't line up. I am taking it in to the shop to either have the first pip cut about 4 inches or simply having the hanger welded somewhere. Overall it wasn't a big deal. I have been driving it with out the rear bracket and it hasn't affected anything yet :knocks on wood:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Eddie (or anyone else who knows):

Thinking about ordering this up. Will it still work given that I moved my evap skid over a couple of inches (to clear the rear DS while flexed out)?

Thanks,

Mike

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thinking about ordering this up. Will it still work given that I moved my evap skid over a couple of inches (to clear the rear DS while flexed out)?

Thanks,

Mike

looking under my jeep, i don't think it would be a problem.

GCM 2

Mike,
The JKX was barely over a week ago and you are already upgrading? It is a pretty cool sounding exhuast, and I think its even a little better sounding on the newer engines too :yup:

If I have not said it already, it was really great to get to wheel with you again. I hope to get to hang out with you more on one of the next events. You are a good man my brother!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Mike,
The JKX was barely over a week ago and you are already upgrading? It is a pretty cool sounding exhuast, and I think its even a little better sounding on the newer engines too :yup:

If I have not said it already, it was really great to get to wheel with you again. I hope to get to hang out with you more on one of the next events. You are a good man my brother!

As if driving behind Moby for 2500 miles and listening to the exhaust drone wasn't enough (or maybe it was the tires I heard), I had to listen to all the other rigs with after market exhaust (and Hemis) for about a 1000 miles during JKX. It was all just too much to take. :cheesy: Plus, I got a quote for a smoking deal on one.

Likewise, it was great to wheel with you and get to know you a little better. Hopefully we can do it again soon! I'd like to get down to AZ and check out some of your local stomping grounds. :thumb:

Edit: I thought I would come away from JKX wanting to upgrade a bunch. But really, I was happy with the way Knuckles performed. I think the only immediate additions will be the exhaust and some Truck-lites. The DTD is on the wish-list but not for a while.

Last edited:

daveroberts

MTG said:

Thanks,

Mike

Mike

That's what I had on my Jeep. A few people asked what size Hemi I had lol. I'm really happy with mine.

Great meeting and wheeling last week. Let's try to make it happen again sometime!

Dave

MTG

Caught the Bug
daveroberts said:
Mike

That's what I had on my Jeep. A few people asked what size Hemi I had lol. I'm really happy with mine.

Great meeting and wheeling last week. Let's try to make it happen again sometime!

Dave

Sweet! I ordered it this morning.

Likewise. It was a pleasure. Colorado is for sure on my list of places to wheel (decided that after watching the video of the last JKX). If you make it out a little further west be sure to let me know. Maybe we'll see you in Moab next year?

LoPo

Caught the Bug

Likewise. It was a pleasure. Colorado is for sure on my list of places to wheel (decided that after watching the video of the last JKX). If you make it out a little further west be sure to let me know. Maybe we'll see you in Moab next year?

Dave moved to Reno I believe(or at least that's what he posted on our local forum). Let's GO WHEEL GUYS!

Last edited:

daveroberts

LoPo said:
Dave moved to Reno I believe(or at least that's what he posted on our local forum). Let's GO WHEEL GUYS!

Nope I still live here in good ol Colorado

staticmap

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Nope I still live here in good ol Colorado

staticmap

huh OK... someone posted on our local forum with your Green rig built and I asked if they were still in COL and they said nope, just moved to Reno before JKX. They were even posting pics from JKX. WEIRD!

daveroberts

LoPo said:
huh OK... someone posted on our local forum with your Green rig built and I asked if they were still in COL and they said nope, just moved to Reno before JKX. They were even posting pics from JKX. WEIRD!

That is the second time I have heard someone using pics of my Jeep. What Forum did you see it on?

daveroberts

daveroberts said:
That is the second time I have heard someone using pics of my Jeep. What Forum did you see it on?

For the record I'm only on one forum. This one! So if you see pics or anything anywhere else it's probably BS!

GCM 2

That is the only problem with having the most badass Gecko Green rig on the planet Dave, everyone wants your jeep to be theirs. That's why I picked generic "black" for the EVOJEEP, to many other clones for me to worry about

kludwig13

Where did you order it from mike

MTG said:

Top Bottom