Granite Shark

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seriously though, are you talking about the full enforcer kit? It’s a way different price point and is a better kit in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I am looking at the stage 1 3”. Not sure I would do a drag link flip. Just a 3” coil and lower control arms. Not sure which one he was talking about.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Seriously though, are you talking about the full enforcer kit? It’s a way different price point and is a better kit in my opinion.

I am looking at the stage 1 3”. Not sure I would do a drag link flip. Just a 3” coil and lower control arms. Not sure which one he was talking about.

Talking about the 3" with front lower control arms. But really referring to how I like the coil springs compared to Rancho's. But I've honestly been happy with both 2" rancho kits I've owned. Probably outshined their respective point.

Also, eventually made it the full enforcer kit and king 2.5s and air bumps, and yes that was significantly nicer but significantly more $

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^ All of that is what I figured. The LCA Enforcer kit, especially with the 2.5’s and a flip, is very nice. I’m all in for $600 with the 9000’s and an extra 3/4”. No driveshaft issues, no screwing around with caster, no trackbar relocation...basically just enough to get on taller tires, and a really low COG. Flat fenders really help for off road though.

benatc1

Hooked
^ All of that is what I figured. The LCA Enforcer kit, especially with the 2.5’s and a flip, is very nice. I’m all in for $600 with the 9000’s and an extra 3/4”. No driveshaft issues, no screwing around with caster, no trackbar relocation...basically just enough to get on taller tires, and a really low COG. Flat fenders really help for off road though.

You really can't beat the quality and simplicity of the Rancho at that price point, no more or less than is needed. Why I started there on the JL.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You really can't beat the quality and simplicity of the Rancho at that price point, no more or less than is needed. Why I started there on the JL.

Do they sell just the coils? I have an extra set of 7000 shocks.

Andy5160

Hooked
It’s about $415 with 5000’s. Almost worth it just to have the extras. Talk to Matt though, maybe they sell just the springs.

According to Rancho site they do sell just the springs RS80132B(rear)
RS80131B(front) at least this is what quick search showed.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

r2fasani

The same rancho sport lift as the other Jeep, but I add 3/4” pucks for a little extra height and 3” bump stops to the rear...just like I did with the other one.

I may do the same this summer. No issues yet with “34’s” (Nitto Trail Grapplers), but there’s a touch of rub in the rear when fully stuffed. Any issues with the length of the shocks when you add the extra 3/4” puck?

Can’t wait to follow the changes with the new JK! Congrats (mostly to your son!)!! And pretty excited to be able to copy a lot of it! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I may do the same this summer. No issues yet with “34’s” (Nitto Trail Grapplers), but there’s a touch of rub in the rear when fully stuffed. Any issues with the length of the shocks when you add the extra 3/4” puck?

Can’t wait to follow the changes with the new JK! Congrats (mostly to your son!)!! And pretty excited to be able to copy a lot of it! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I suppose the shocks might be a tad short but I haven’t taken the time to fully cycle to see how much. I figure here is enough wiggle room built into the shock ranges that the extra 3/4 shouldn’t cause any real issues. Plus, neither of my boys are going to be pushing things too hard with their Jeeps.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My son just officially installed his first modification (bull bar on the bumper).

IMG_5459.jpg

Only six bolts but it took two trips to the hardware store and some drilling since the effing manufacturer neglected to send its hardware kit with the bar. [emoji17]

It’s simple and my son likes the look. Stay tuned, his Jeep will go through a lot of changes over the next several weeks.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
My son just officially installed his first modification (bull bar on the bumper).

Only six bolts but it took two trips to the hardware store and some drilling since the effing manufacturer neglected to send its hardware kit with the bar. [emoji17]

It’s simple and my son likes the look. Stay tuned, his Jeep will go through a lot of changes over the next several weeks.

Nice to see some quality father/son time. Glad he's enjoying it.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug

View attachment 338786

Awesome father son project! I’m a couple years out to be able to do this with my youngest. Don’t those ends caps come off that bumper?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Awesome father son project! I’m a couple years out to be able to do this with my youngest. Don’t those ends caps come off that bumper?

Yes, they do. I think he wants to wait and pull them when the new tires and wheels go on.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Good thing you don’t have five sons...that’s a lot of Jeeps...

Lol. True. Although you have no sons and more Jeeps than I. (Same goes for Overlander and Pig). [emoji848][emoji23]

Top Bottom