Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_3679.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_3681.jpg

Worked on the rig for about 4 hours today . Got the old bumper off, unclocked swag bar motor, and test fit the winch plate and bumper. Cut off half of the vacuum pump bracket and got the winch plate in but couldn’t get the bumper to seat .. all 8 bolts wouldn’t line up and ran out of sunlight . Bumper 1 - Dan 0

Now need to order the evo vacuum pump relocation kit and a 17/32 drill bit and give it another go . For now the bumper just wrapped with a tarp.

Still needs to go to powder coating after

Fuck bed time

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Foley

Hey,

very very nice build. Anvil is my favorite color you can get on the JK. I really like the rims in combination with black/silver.

How much lift do you end up with?

Lg

jorgelrod

Hooked
View attachment 335327
View attachment 335328
View attachment 335329
View attachment 335336

Cleaned up, repainted and installed the PS frame mounted sliders from Clearskies

Transmission crossmember from Quadratec has horrible design . Had to cut the bracket to access the bolt .

Very pleased with the look. Sliders slightly close to body on passenger side ... Dons been using them hard . Hoping they are fine

Looking good!!!!

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Hey,

very very nice build. Anvil is my favorite color you can get on the JK. I really like the rims in combination with black/silver.

How much lift do you end up with?

Lg

Thank you. Haven’t regretted the color and still like it more than any of the new colors so glad I made the right choice . Think it sits right at about 3.5” lift with the weight and the spacers

Looking good!!!!

[emoji120]

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Did you ever figure out your 4LO limp mode issue? Were there any codes?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haven’t had any time to work on the Jeep .. on the east coast for work for a week .

This Saturday will be finishing test fitting bumper and rock skins before they go to powdercoating .. will try to knock out pro grips too .

May drop off at dealer to scan codes next week but honestly hasn’t happened again since I restarted on the trail

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_3789.jpg
IMG_3790.jpg
IMG_3782.jpg
IMG_3783.jpg

Spent 11 hours installing stuff . Poison Spyder side armor painted and installed . 1 nursert per side didn’t go in but Im just glad I’m done . Also against instructions had to drill through several of the inside panels .. the nut serts were too tall and wouldn’t seat otherwise . Shit instructions and exactly 0 spare bolts or nurserts included

Reinstalling sliders on the passenger side was terrible.

Test fit the evo pro series bumper and pulled it back off for powder coating . That’s a tight fit as well and needs a mallet to coax it on and off . Think it’ll look good once it’s all said and done .

Reinstalled my winch .

Ran out of day light and didn’t get to the progrip bbk . Next weekend maybe . Time for a beer or 6.

jdofmemi

Looking good Dan.

If the bumper is hard to get on now, get a bigger hammer for after it's powder coated.

Is your winch secure from people who might want it worse? It looks exposed out there with no bumper.

Top Bottom