Flip-1953 M38A1

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Cool rig for sure. If it is just a tub and a few smaller parts, it should be pretty fix.
The good thing is no scouring everywhere for all the missing parts like you might typically have to do for a restoration. Everything is there.

p38

Caught the Bug
Nice find, congratulations. My dad bought my A1 after the previous owners' son rolled it trying to cross a creek on his ranch. He took out the left front fender, cowl, windshield, and steering wheel and column. We got out the torches, jacks, and BFHs' and beat it back into shape and rattle canned it brown. A few years ago I tore into it again. It was fun as a stocker, but it's a lot more fun now. I think all my original parts have been picked - there might be a spare grill around if you need one. Mine is a bit older - 04/1953. Here's a couple before and after shots:
IMG_0611.jpg IMG_3817.jpg

p38

Caught the Bug
I found a stock radiator shroud in a corner of the shop this morning - you can have it if you need it.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Cool rig for sure. If it is just a tub and a few smaller parts, it should be pretty fix.
The good thing is no scouring everywhere for all the missing parts like you might typically have to do for a restoration. Everything is there.

Yup, it’s crazy that other than the tub and the right seat. The rest is fine, the hard to find parts are all there and original for the most part.

It didn’t break any lights, or gauges. The factory 24v system is complete with factory waterproof connections. The grill is in good shape too.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I found a stock radiator shroud in a corner of the shop this morning - you can have it if you need it.

Thanks for the offer, the entire engine bay is untouched from the accident. Even the grill is straight.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I’m going to need to clean up the shop 🙄

Attachments

• DF6EF291-8295-4FCC-AE2D-ED2B5CFBEDB9.jpg
    DF6EF291-8295-4FCC-AE2D-ED2B5CFBEDB9.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 538A8E7F-2DF3-47D3-B29C-6B7AD1CC1650.jpg
    538A8E7F-2DF3-47D3-B29C-6B7AD1CC1650.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 254CFE6C-E3DC-4FE4-A665-6B49176BD1C8.jpg
    254CFE6C-E3DC-4FE4-A665-6B49176BD1C8.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 149

p38

Caught the Bug
You are welcome. Good luck with the rebuild. I have original tech manuals: TM 9-8014, and TM 9-8015-2 from 1954/55. 8014 is the Operational and Organizational Maintenance Manual, 8015 is Power Train, Body and Frame. Both for the M38A1. Don't know if you have them, or are familiar with them - these are the "take it completely apart, fix it, put it back together" manuals. I no longer need them as my M38A1 is but a shadow of it's former self. You can have them if you want them.

RockingK

Looks like Flip & Code 3 are sharing battle stories.

:cheesy:

Great project, subscribed!

Ps: I built a 46 cj2a and found a Sacramento guy that had a ton of parts from Korean surplus. Everything was wrapped in like wax paper and cosmoline. I’ll see if I can find his number.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You are welcome. Good luck with the rebuild. I have original tech manuals: TM 9-8014, and TM 9-8015-2 from 1954/55. 8014 is the Operational and Organizational Maintenance Manual, 8015 is Power Train, Body and Frame. Both for the M38A1. Don't know if you have them, or are familiar with them - these are the "take it completely apart, fix it, put it back together" manuals. I no longer need them as my M38A1 is but a shadow of it's former self. You can have them if you want them.
hell yes, Thank you. PM me your info. I’ll pay for them.

Uncle_erniee

May i ask what it your cost was i have one that’s in decent condition that’s not running that i want to buy and I’m not sure what i should offer him for it?

Sent from outer space send help My jeep is stuck on mars

Top Bottom