4th Annual Silver Lake Sand Dunes Jeep Invasion May 31st - June 2nd!!

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
My favorite day for Silver Lake is Thursday. It’s fun to look at the different rigs but big groups don’t thrill me...and they bring out the lunatics there all too frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

And another....
IMG_3331.jpg

A few flops make sense as mistakes but the guys thinking their 3000 dollar jeeps are somehow capable of the same things a 100,000 dollar long travel can do are just ruining going up there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
20’ of air? Like Dukes of Hazard? [emoji15]

It’s not that hard to do as scary as that is. The dunes drop off as steep as they rise and if you carry way to much momentum at the top, you go air born. It is a balance of having enough throttle to reach the top and the get off it quick as you crest.

It’s awesome watching the 100k sand rails do it though! Scary for everything else....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Looked like a great time, other than the few that always seem to not know how to run the dunes. 🤔

Rst8rox

It’s not that hard to do as scary as that is. The dunes drop off as steep as they rise and if you carry way to much momentum at the top, you go air born. It is a balance of having enough throttle to reach the top and the get off it quick as you crest.

It’s awesome watching the 100k sand rails do it though! Scary for everything else....

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

There was a lot of hang time being found by many rigs that should never leave the ground lol. The backsides of the hills were almost undercut on most making it really Sketchy after cresting.... too the point we witnessed one flop (not bad) but due to too much brake/speed on the downside of the hill.

Rst8rox

You guys make it to the golf course and check out the vendors and everything too or just play in the sand?

No we just drove by and went to play on the dunes. I overheard a few saying it wasn’t as busy as last year... also the trail ride sounded like it was 80% street driving and a bunch of jeeps bailed and ended up at the dunes anyway.

Just came across a video of this guy on fb crawling the peaks of silver lake, looks kind of familiar.

IMG_4848.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom