Disaster averted

fiend

Caught the Bug
Any abnormal symptoms or did you just happen to randomly see it when you were doing an inspection?

Lately I had been noticing a little looseness in the steering. Nothing too serious. Like you get with zero toe. I checked the ball joints a few weeks ago and they definitely seemed worn out using the standard test methods. I saw a little extra camber and figured it was the worn ball joints. I’ve had some prosteers sitting in my garage for a while, waiting to be installed. But I wasn’t having any death wobble, and the Jeep otherwise felt pretty good, so I haven’t been too motivated to do the swap. I’m motivated now though. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Lately I had been noticing a little looseness in the steering. Nothing too serious. Like you get with zero toe. I checked the ball joints a few weeks ago and they definitely seemed worn out using the standard test methods. I saw a little extra camber and figured it was the worn ball joints. I’ve had some prosteers sitting in my garage for a while, waiting to be installed. But I wasn’t having any death wobble, and the Jeep otherwise felt pretty good, so I haven’t been too motivated to do the swap. I’m motivated now though. [emoji23]

Well, it should be pretty easy to press in some new ball joints now. 😎

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked
JB Weld for the win!...

Seriously, it's a good thing you caught this before a serious hill climb in Moab...

Brute

Hooked
I have a set of stock knuckle I took off Brute after I put in some Reid's...but the shipping would cost you...

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a set of stock knuckle I took off Brute after I put in some Reid's...but the shipping would cost you...

Thanks. I’m checking out the options. I’d like to upgrade strengthwise, but they all seem to have the raised tie rod which would be a pain for me.

Brute

Hooked
Thanks. I’m checking out the options. I’d like to upgrade strengthwise, but they all seem to have the raised tie rod which would be a pain for me.

You're welcome to it...not sure how soon you need it...and it would be cheaper just to ship one. I assume you checked the other side really good...

Benito

Caught the Bug
Are there any aftermarket ones that are beefier but without the raised tie rod?

Just get another OEM knuckle, yours happened to fail, but how many are still driving around with thousands more miles than your with the same setup?

Top Bottom