Disaster averted

fiend

Caught the Bug
Santa Brute to the Rescue!

I have to believe the Reidā€™s are significant stronger. Hereā€™s a picture I found comparing them.

View attachment 316353

How much youā€™d have to discuss with them. But in the picture, you can see how much that tie rod gets raised.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. There is some verbiage on Reidā€™s site about extra material and extra strength, but the ā€œoff road use onlyā€ admonition and the disclaimer of any warranty donā€™t exactly inspire confidence.

I was getting that same small amount of rubbing on the tie rod as well and it just didn't seem worth moving the tabs for that small amount.
The spacer has worked out great.
Just get a slightly longer bolt and I went from the bottom up.

Thanks. Effective solution.

Iā€™m still undecided. Probably will just install Bruteā€™s OEM knuckles, save $400-500, and call it a day.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Ed (Brute) graciously sent me a set of OEM knuckles. I installed the driver side knuckle and thatā€™s served me well for a couple of months. Im the meantime, I picked up some Rancho knuckles. To install those, I need to cut my PSC ram tabs off the TB bracket and move them up 1.5 inches. Got the new tabs today from Summit. Question is, while I have it all apart, should I install the dynatrac ball joints that have been sitting in my garage for a while, or get some more life out of the synergyā€™s I have in now? [emoji848]

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Ed (Brute) graciously sent me a set of OEM knuckles. I installed the driver side knuckle and thatā€™s served me well for a couple of months. Im the meantime, I picked up some Rancho knuckles. To install those, I need to cut my PSC ram tabs off the TB bracket and move them up 1.5 inches. Got the new tabs today from Summit. Question is, while I have it all apart, should I install the dynatrac ball joints that have been sitting in my garage for a while, or get some more life out of the synergyā€™s I have in now? [emoji848]

Prosteers !

fiend

Caught the Bug
Gnarly. Glad you found it before it found you!

Yes for sure. Between that and the cracked knuckle discovery, I think Iā€™ve maxed out my luck for a while.

Prosteers !

Yeah, doesnā€™t make a lot of sense to have them sitting in the garage. On the other hand, Iā€™d like to amortize the synergys. [emoji857]

Wait for the death wobble. You appear to enjoy living on the edge. [emoji23]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Oh man, Iā€™ve had the death wobble fun in the past. It really sucks.

I vote start fresh with the Prosteers... eliminates any question of fault in the new build.

Yeah thereā€™s something to that logic. No matter what, between the knuckles and the transfer case, I have projects to keep me busy for a while. [emoji1591]

fiend

Caught the Bug
I started the knuckle replacement project this weekend. I got the passenger side off today and noted that, like the driver side, the lower hole had been ovalized, although not to the point of failure. Iā€™m looking forward to getting the Ranchos installed. IMG_0890.JPG

WJCO

Meme King
I started the knuckle replacement project this weekend. I got the passenger side off today and noted that, like the driver side, the lower hole had been ovalized, although not to the point of failure. Iā€™m looking forward to getting the Ranchos installed.

I hate it when the lower hole gets ovalized. Good luck getting it tighter.

Ddays

Hooked
Question is, while I have it all apart, should I install the dynatrac ball joints that have been sitting in my garage for a while, or get some more life out of the synergyā€™s I have in now? [emoji848]

Since you're throwing on so many new components don't be alarmed if you have an odd feeling to the front end at first. It seems to take a couple hundred miles for the pro steers to settle in and all the parts to get cozy with each other. Mine were like that for 500 miles or so. :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Since you're throwing on so many new components don't be alarmed if you have an odd feeling to the front end at first. It seems to take a couple hundred miles for the pro steers to settle in and all the parts to get cozy with each other. Mine were like that for 500 miles or so. :thumb:

Yeah I know what you mean.

I think thereā€™s still life left in the Synergy ball joints, so Iā€™m going to leave them in for now.

Top Bottom