The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

BaddestCross

black pearl

Hooked
Bummer. Seems like that's been going around lately... I think another member recently had to rebuild them at a relatively low mileage as well.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

At least I found the cause of the shimmy.
It's only brought on death wobble once. That was without the SS, once I put one back on it masked it down to a shimmy on left hand turns.
On a good note every thing else is still pretty tight up under there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Got the drivers side ball joints rebuilt today. Took a minute to figure out how to get the lowers apart, but tanks to the information on this site got it done. IMG_2947.jpg IMG_2948.jpg IMG_2951.jpg IMG_2955.jpg I'll do the passenger side tomorrow.

rl206

NIce, hopefully that does the trick. I have the same deal going on, not really specific to turning but at 35-40mph get a decent shimmy. I'm gonna order a front track bar bracket and ball joints and hope that may help since I just lifted my rig. Going to look at my ball joints tonight, figured replacing them wont hurt regardless. How long did rebuilding the pro steers take ya?

black pearl

Hooked
NIce, hopefully that does the trick. I have the same deal going on, not really specific to turning but at 35-40mph get a decent shimmy. I'm gonna order a front track bar bracket and ball joints and hope that may help since I just lifted my rig. Going to look at my ball joints tonight, figured replacing them wont hurt regardless. How long did rebuilding the pro steers take ya?

I did it pretty leisurely but actual work time maybe 2.5 hours on the one side. That's also looking up how to get my lowers apart. I guess I have the older style.

The factory JK ball joints are a good thing to replace. They are garbage IMO.

rl206

I did it pretty leisurely but actual work time maybe 2.5 hours on the one side. That's also looking up how to get my lowers apart. I guess I have the older style.

The factory JK ball joints are a good thing to replace. They are garbage IMO.

Good to know, I haven't done ball joints on my own before so I'll probably take 4 hrs lol. I am bummed to dump more $$ into my D30, but I still need it to drive.

black pearl

Hooked
Good to know, I haven't done ball joints on my own before so I'll probably take 4 hrs lol. I am bummed to dump more $$ into my D30, but I still need it to drive.

It's not to bad of a job, just take your time.
What joint press did you use?

It might be on my list of things eventually

I can look when I get home. But it was in inexpensive one, off of amazon. It is a 12 pice kit I believe.

JKbrick

What joint press did you use?

It might be on my list of things eventually

This is the kit I purchased then I got the adapter kit after
IMG_1286.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG
It works great, I’ve done 4 sets of ball joints, my sons rear driveshaft ujoints, his front axle ujoints, and Ric’s (19yj94) track bar ends. One of the parts broke once and they sent me a new one no question.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Well though the drivers side ball joints were bad. It didn't fix the shimmy. but it dose drive a little nicer now, so there's that. This weekend I'll be going through the front end again, to see if I missed something the first time.

BaddestCross

Well though the drivers side ball joints were bad. It didn't fix the shimmy. but it dose drive a little nicer now, so there's that. This weekend I'll be going through the front end again, to see if I missed something the first time.

Lazy to go back through the thread. 😎
Did you move your front tires to the rear and see if the shimmy is still there?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom