The Weather Thread

RageKage

Summer sizzle-how hot today?

Haha! Actually it kinda is! I never knew 62 degrees could feel so warm... Forbes magazine even wrote an article about how temps at high latitudes actually feel warmer than the same temps in the lower 48. So there is a scientific explanation for us feeling pretty miserable in the high 70's after all. I'll try to find the link sometime.

PS: Glad to see someone else here from AK!! I moved up from Wyoming about 16 months ago. We love the place... except it feels pretty crowded after life in the middle of nothing. I think we need to get out your way for things to feel a little more like we're used to.

I knew I wasn’t crazy when I told people it’s because Alaska is closer to the sun!!! Hahaha but I feel ya. I’ve been up here for about 4 years now. I’m stationed at Fort Wainwright and I’ve got about 3 more years left up here, born and raised in California but was stationed in Kansa before here so it is definitely a temperature shock for us when it hits -40 which makes 80 seem unbearable. Fairbanks itself is pretty crowded but literally 5 miles in any direction and there’s nothing but wilderness. It’s crazy for suburbia folks like us to go from that to here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

LkYdEvIL

“But it’s a dry heat”
“It’s not that bad”
“You get used to it”

Image1530838045.420710.jpg

Via Satellite Uplink: LkYdEvIL

98XJ06LJ

This is not dry heat! This in Houston. 87% humidity... There is no getting used to this crap! 😰

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_20180705_222020_01.jpg
    IMG_20180705_222020_01.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 61

LkYdEvIL

“But it’s a dry heat”
“It’s not that bad”
“You get used to it”

View attachment 305043

I guess I should have noted that the quotes are not my personal views on the matter.
That is what some psychopath told me, when I moved here.

This is life in the valley of the sun.
More like valley of melt the skin off your frickin bones!

Top Bottom