Pumkin ordered today!

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Congrats! Post up pics after you get your take offs installed. Like to see them with the sport fenders.

sunnysideup

DSCN1065.jpg DSCN1066.jpg
This is with the 3/4 inch spacer in back, Fox Shocks, 1.5 inch spacer in front...
I will try taking some better ones later.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Nice! Changes the look for sure! Looks like you could Maybe take the bumper aerodynamic caps off to gain a inch or more.

sunnysideup

Since you purchased the Max Tow Package, what are you planning to tow?

My wife is kind of done with tent camping for extended periods of time.... I have a offroad trailer with a RTT on it... but she is looking for something warmer, and more enclosed. We have had a rash of Grizzly attacks in the last two years... 6 in the last month in our area of Montana. A lot of people are getting concerned about tent camping in even well used spots, the bears population level is at the point where they are being forced into more populated and areas that are used by people... and it has resulted in a rise in encounters. She wants to feel safer at night when we camp.

She has given me the ok... to not just buy a camper... because I like to build things... so I'm looking to convert a cargo trailer to a camper. I'm guessing when done it will come in at around 4000lbs. loaded, which should give me enough wiggle room to tow it safely. My Jk (07) has a tough time with the camp trailer on long trips even though it is only 1500lbs loaded. I have 5:13 and 37's... but the 3.8 and mostly the 4 speed auto... just doesn't like towing that well.

sunnysideup

Nice! Changes the look for sure! Looks like you could Maybe take the bumper aerodynamic caps off to gain a inch or more.

I'll have to test it out some... it looks like it will clear when I'm at a different angle than the pic... it's been pouring rain for two days... so I haven't been motivated to go get better pics yet... lol!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
My wife is kind of done with tent camping for extended periods of time.... I have a offroad trailer with a RTT on it... but she is looking for something warmer, and more enclosed. We have had a rash of Grizzly attacks in the last two years... 6 in the last month in our area of Montana. A lot of people are getting concerned about tent camping in even well used spots, the bears population level is at the point where they are being forced into more populated and areas that are used by people... and it has resulted in a rise in encounters. She wants to feel safer at night when we camp.

She has given me the ok... to not just buy a camper... because I like to build things... so I'm looking to convert a cargo trailer to a camper. I'm guessing when done it will come in at around 4000lbs. loaded, which should give me enough wiggle room to tow it safely. My Jk (07) has a tough time with the camp trailer on long trips even though it is only 1500lbs loaded. I have 5:13 and 37's... but the 3.8 and mostly the 4 speed auto... just doesn't like towing that well.

Sounds like a fun project. I’ll be interested to see and hear about it. How many feet are you thinking?

I considered getting a Gladiator to pull a travel trailer, but was a bit let down to find out that the 6300# trailer that I’m considering is right on the ragged edge of the combined capacity when the truck is loaded.

sunnysideup

14 or 16... looking at pros and cons and prices for different ones... then I'll have all winter to build it! I love sifting through all of the different designs people have came up with on homemade campers! A 16... loaded with water and food and equipment can hit that 4000-4500lb mark pretty easy. But I can really make it something cool!

sunnysideup

first trail with gladiator

Took it out on a trail... easy break in run on 20 miles of gravel and 10 on dirt roads... rides really smooth, 18.6mpg, 1 gear 2wd holds you back really well on the hills!
DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Nice. Beautiful area out there.

Saw this beauty yesterday. Thought you might like:

KIMG0053.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom