Is there a way to reset computer to relearn shift points?

jesse3638

Hooked
Yes, I used a well respected local shop that has helped me out on numerous occasions with little issues here and there.

Good to know Bubba. Sounds like I just need to bite the bullet and get a programmer of some sort and get my tires done sooner rather than later.
Just go with the jscan app. Seems to be a really good option and more comprehensive than some of the more expensive options out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyle521

Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. I've been looking at the bluetooth OBDII adapter and jscan app as well, might just pull the trigger and check it out myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I went this route, the JScan app is great also for reading and clearing codes in addition to the tires and gear ratio. For some reason the app did not work on my old phone but works on my newer Ipad. I went with the Veepeak for the obd port blue tooth reader

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I went this route, the JScan app is great also for reading and clearing codes in addition to the tires and gear ratio. For some reason the app did not work on my old phone but works on my newer Ipad. I went with the Veepeak for the obd port blue tooth reader
Just ordered the vgate 4.0, gotta love Amazon free delivery tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

I have been having the same issue since changing to 5.13 gears. 3-4th gear up a hill likes to run at about 5500 rpm before shifting and I have even used the auto stick to force a shift. Gears and tire size were set with flash cal. I just used the OBD adapter and JScan to rewrite the gears I’m heading out in a bit and hopefully that changes something I will update back
From all the googling I have done it seems like a pretty common problem when changing the gear ratio with the flashcal. A lot of people have had to take it to the dealership for a flash then rewrite again with flashcal before the shift points were at a more normal range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17xJKU

I have the flashcal, went from stock tires, 3.21 gears to 37s with 4.88 gears. It shifts okay I think for the weight and tires, but there are times it really holds the gears and I use the auto stick to shift. I thought it was just normal, but it does bug the crap out of me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Turbo21

No change after rewriting using jscan. Only seems to hold the gear when going up hill from 3rd-4th. 5500 rpm before shifting

Turbo21

Measured to a level on top of tire. 41.25”

Seems like there are a ton of people that have this issue????

Turbo21

Yeah, can't do it that way.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Measuring to the center and multiplying by 2 doesn’t work. The section of your tire that is contacting the road will be smaller than the top section. From center to top is a different measurement because the lower section takes all the weight of the vehicle and has a slight bulge to it. The accepted method is to use a level and measure from the ground to the top. It’s not much of a difference between the two but there is a difference

jesse3638

Hooked
Measured to a level on top of tire. 41.25”

Seems like there are a ton of people that have this issue????

You are running 37's correct? Just wanted to confirm you measured 41.25"? Sounds like you're 4" over the size of the tires you're running. That could be the problem.

Turbo21

You are running 37's correct? Just wanted to confirm you measured 41.25"? Sounds like you're 4" over the size of the tires you're running. That could be the problem.

No. 41.5” pittbull rockers. Actually measured exactly 41.5” when new. Lost about a 1/4” so far with wear

The only thing I haven’t tried yet is using the flashcal to return everything to stock and then using just scan to rewrite the gears. Then I could remove the flashcal from the equation

nbunga

Caught the Bug
No. 41.5” pittbull rockers. Actually measured exactly 41.5” when new. Lost about a 1/4” so far with wear

The only thing I haven’t tried yet is using the flashcal to return everything to stock and then using just scan to rewrite the gears. Then I could remove the flashcal from the equation

This^

I would go to stock settings and start from scratch with the Jscan

BaddestCross

Measuring to the center and multiplying by 2 doesn’t work. The section of your tire that is contacting the road will be smaller than the top section. From center to top is a different measurement because the lower section takes all the weight of the vehicle and has a slight bulge to it. The accepted method is to use a level and measure from the ground to the top. It’s not much of a difference between the two but there is a difference

Lol. Yeah, I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Nor the thousands of others that do it the same way... Hope you figure out your issue.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

What effect does the top half of the tire have on anything?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom