JL-style grille for my JK

Frazzldad

Classic Fenders

Ever since Jeep unveiled the Safari Concept in the spring of 2016 and then the JL I've wanted to scrap my factory JK grille in favor of something like one of those. A finished the project a few days ago, here are a few photos of my JL-style grille... (the Jeep also has homemade Willys MB-style flat fenders and a homemade hardtop)

Final9_zpskrsfvgbv.jpg

Final3_zpsbly3exco.jpg

Final5_zpsstg8pd1v.jpg

Final1_zpsrgyqvdzj.jpg

I designed a grille to fit the JK with styling to match the Safari Concept/JL; made a mold, and molded this grille in fiberglass.

What fenders are on your Jeep? I like the classic look and would like to install them on my JK

GoldenEagleJk

Love the JL grill on the JK, Iv been drooling over that for longer than Iv owned my jeep. Maybe we will get lucky and someone will start producing this. I know id buy one right away! Would look great with the Golden eagle decals on my 2 door.

Ddays

Hooked
Why not just skip right on over to the the angry eyes unibrow grill & be done with it? :rolleyes2:

WJCO

Meme King
Love the JL grill on the JK, Iv been drooling over that for longer than Iv owned my jeep. Maybe we will get lucky and someone will start producing this. I know id buy one right away! Would look great with the Golden eagle decals on my 2 door.

You can just buy a JL. I believe it comes with one. Different colors too.

It's funny how the OP thinks he tricking us with these first posters saying they like the products. Pretty sure they are all him with different user names promoting the products to try to get positive buzz about the designs.

Gbrown15

Wow

Dude comes on here to show his diy project. Its clean work. He likes it. Hes in the show and tell forum. I found this on Google when I searched jl grille on jk out of curiosity. The people I wheel with all pretty much build their jeeps/buggies from scratch. Guy comes on here to show something he did and gets roasted like this? I actually only made this account to defend him but I was looking at jeeps today thinking how I may consider one as my next vehicle. If this is how the jeep community is i think I'll stick with toyotas. Would anyone be mad if he came on here and said "look what I bought" instead of "look what I made?" Is it jealousy or what? You're all acting like 5th graders whose mom wouldnt buy them the newest toy that all their friends had.

Ddays

Hooked
Dude comes on here to show his diy project. Its clean work. He likes it. Hes in the show and tell forum. I found this on Google when I searched jl grille on jk out of curiosity. The people I wheel with all pretty much build their jeeps/buggies from scratch. Guy comes on here to show something he did and gets roasted like this? I actually only made this account to defend him but I was looking at jeeps today thinking how I may consider one as my next vehicle. If this is how the jeep community is i think I'll stick with toyotas. Would anyone be mad if he came on here and said "look what I bought" instead of "look what I made?" Is it jealousy or what? You're all acting like 5th graders whose mom wouldnt buy them the newest toy that all their friends had.

Thanks dad. :rolleyes2: Maybe do more research before you open your piehole. This guy has peddled his stuff here which is against the rules I'm sure you didn't read before you posted.

PS: That little green light by your username means you're still here reading the replies to your drivel ;)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

Lol. Welcome to the internet. I've met some of the coolest friends ever since owning a Jeep. And many of them can see through the bullshit and can call a spade a spade. This 'member' here that you're defending has quite a history of breaking the owners' rules here on this private forum. But you wouldn't know that since you're new here and quite ignorant. You can't just climb into the ring with Ali because you think you can box. Good luck with your next purchase though.

MericaMade

Lol. Screenshot_20200203-163804_Google.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Dude comes on here to show his diy project...blah, blah, blah...

The “Dude” has a history of dropping by forums to try to get exposure for his pet projects that he then tries to license or sell to manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked

So you wheel with Jeepers... and thought about buying one... then read one random thread on the internet from a few strangers regarding a grill... and now its f*#k Jeeps? You can’t be serious.

Gbrown15

So you wheel with Jeepers... and thought about buying one... then read one random thread on the internet from a few strangers regarding a grill... and now its f*#k Jeeps? You can’t be serious.
I guess I'm not and I guess I didn't know what was going on. I still don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing. if he can sell the rights to a manufacturer, why not? the triggered meme was funny. but seriously what's so wrong about showing people what you did and trying to sell the idea? I just don't understand what you're so mad about.

P.S. the jeepers I wheel with don't ridicule people for selling their products.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I guess I'm not and I guess I didn't know what was going on. I still don't think there's anything wrong with what he's doing. if he can sell the rights to a manufacturer, why not? the triggered meme was funny. but seriously what's so wrong about showing people what you did and trying to sell the idea? I just don't understand what you're so mad about.

No one is ridiculing him for trying to sell his stuff. What we don’t like is him coming here just to pimp his shit out, which is what he is known for doing, and also happens to be against the rules, which you agree to when signing up.

Ddays

Hooked

Read the rules - they're there for a reason. This is a private forum not a public one. And there's nothing wrong with showing people what you've done. Just not allowed to solicit your shit here unless you're a sponsor.

fiend

Caught the Bug

He’s trying to use a private forum to advertise his shit without paying the forum owner for the privilege. He was rightly chased off for doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
...... I just don't understand what you're so mad about.

Who's "Mad"? We are here because we respect the rules and enjoy this Forum... You joined only to complain about this thread and how it hurt your feelings.... It's the internet man.... lighten up.

Top Bottom