7,099 Miles, 16 Days -- Towing an R-Pod 178 from Mississippi to California, and back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow - what a hell of a trip! I just now got done reading though it. Real pleasure meeting you and your wife and I'm glad you had a great time [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Looks like a kick ass trip. Glad you guys were able to do that. Great pics.

From the looks so far Clay i reckon ya'll had a blast .. pics look good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool trip! Looks like a great time

This whole thing is simply fantastic!! So many wonderful and inspirational pics. Thanks for posting. :thumb:

Thanks. It was fun.

notnalc68

That's an awesome trip! I love that camper too, probably my top pick when I go that route.

The problem with the 178 is lack of storage for clothing & towels. On this particular R-Pod, the refrigerator wouldn't run on propane, and some of the lights didn't work. A couple of other R-Pod owners we met, have no problems.

SKT

Looks like a fun road trip - thanks for sharing all the great pics/details!

:beer: :beer:

Looks like a great trip, my wife and I have been to a few of those spots and your photos brought back some great memories! Thanks for posting!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Awesome trip. I know you mentioned it already, but you really do see more of America when you're not flying over it. I hate flying, would much rather drive and see things along the way.

The problem with the 178 is lack of storage for clothing & towels. On this particular R-Pod, the refrigerator wouldn't run on propane, and some of the lights didn't work. A couple of other R-Pod owners we met, have no problems.

While I like the idea of the R-Pod, their quality control is less than desirable. Everyone I know who owns one, has problems. We camped next to quite a few people who had R-Pods while in Colorado. One guy said his fridge didn't work on propane, another said he was having electric problems... etc. If I'm forking out $20,000 on a camper, I want quality lol.

notnalc68

Awesome trip. I know you mentioned it already, but you really do see more of America when you're not flying over it. I hate flying, would much rather drive and see things along the way.

While I like the idea of the R-Pod, their quality control is less than desirable. Everyone I know who owns one, has problems. We camped next to quite a few people who had R-Pods while in Colorado. One guy said his fridge didn't work on propane, another said he was having electric problems... etc. If I'm forking out $20,000 on a camper, I want quality lol.

Jayco makes one version similar, that is much nicer. We looked at it.
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG

Coachmen is owned by Forest River, but the build quality seems better, since I went over mine, with a fine toothed comb. I made sure everything worked, before I left, too. Got it for just over $16K, including tax, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom