lifts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
money will not really be to much of a concern as long as i stay under 2500-3000 so im leaning toward the enforcer because i plan to install it myself and seems like its little less work without the extra control arms, but so you say i will only need the front adjustable lower arms, plus im sure when more money comes around i could upgrade the other arms right, and you think the 7000mt will be better off than the 9000s,

Correct. The Enforcer kit comes with adjustable front lowers and really, they are all that you need. If you get a new rear drive shaft, you will need adjustable rear upper arms as well and you can get them as needed. The 9000 shocks are nice as they are adjustable but, when I ran them, I found it to be a pain to have to adjust them for pavement and when I went off road. I mean, it's cool that you can do it and if you had an in cab controller, it'd be real nice but, I have found their 7000 monotubes to be a great all around shock that performs quite well.

hickey800

Correct. The Enforcer kit comes with adjustable front lowers and really, they are all that you need. If you get a new rear drive shaft, you will need adjustable rear upper arms as well and you can get them as needed. The 9000 shocks are nice as they are adjustable but, when I ran them, I found it to be a pain to have to adjust them for pavement and when I went off road. I mean, it's cool that you can do it and if you had an in cab controller, it'd be real nice but, I have found their 7000 monotubes to be a great all around shock that performs quite well.

alright thanks for all this help by the way, hates be a pain but ill be getting that jeep rubicon unlimited soon as i get back from my course (next month) and i wanna lift it and start my build almost soon as i get it.

so this should be last thing i need to know untill i get the jeep than ill have couple more questions id say when installing it. if i cant figure them out from this form already which i say i can.

- when i buy the enforcer kit everything comes with it and is bolt on ?
-is there any cutting/welding or do the stock brackets work?
-ill get the 7000 monotubes i know they are simple to install only like 2 bolts?
-i need to get a new front drive shaft(which is best i will be getting 37s later)? the rear drive shaft is fine for 36s right?
-and i should be able to do this instal by myself with most basic tools(will have a friend help)?
-is there anything else i will need?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
- when i buy the enforcer kit everything comes with it and is bolt on ?
Yes everything is bolt on

-is there any cutting/welding or do the stock brackets work?

No welding but you will need to cut part of your stock rear trackbar bracket to install the EVO rear trackbar bracket.

-ill get the 7000 monotubes i know they are simple to install only like 2 bolts?

Shocks will be the easiest to install. With the exception of having patience to install the drivers side front upper bolts, its pretty straight forward.

-i need to get a new front drive shaft(which is best i will be getting 37s later)? the rear drive shaft is fine for 36s right?

You should be fine with a new front DS. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra coin to get the 1350 first off.

-and i should be able to do this instal by myself with most basic tools(will have a friend help)?

Basic tools will do, but tall jack stands, a good jack, a grinder and an impact wrench will make the install go alot smoother.

-is there anything else i will need?

That should be about it. I do really recommend the Drag link flip kit. It will help correct your steering geometry and raise your front sway bar link mounts about 3". :yup: For this you will need a 13/16 drill bit to drill into your steering knuckle.

hickey800

Yes everything is bolt on

No welding but you will need to cut part of your stock rear trackbar bracket to install the EVO rear trackbar bracket.

Shocks will be the easiest to install. With the exception of having patience to install the drivers side front upper bolts, its pretty straight forward.

You should be fine with a new front DS. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra coin to get the 1350 first off.

Basic tools will do, but tall jack stands, a good jack, a grinder and an impact wrench will make the install go alot smoother.

That should be about it. I do really recommend the Drag link flip kit. It will help correct your steering geometry and raise your front sway bar link mounts about 3". :yup: For this you will need a 13/16 drill bit to drill into your steering knuckle.

yes i forgot to mention i need to get that to thanks for reminding me, will the kit come with instructions of what i need to cut or is it pretty straight forward of what needs be cut when you see it

hickey800

another question do you guys know any sites with in canada that sell the evo kits or am i better off ordering it right threw off road evolution?
just lining everything up for when i get my jeep and im trying narrow down two one or two places ordering the parts from instead of paying a bunch of shipping costs

btw thanks everyone for all the help its very appreciated

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I would contact Off Road Evolution as they should be able to help you out the best even if it means recommending you to a retailer in Canada.

I helped a fellow wayalifer install his enforcer lift yesterday & he let me take it for a spin & WOW! Am I ever impressed with the ride of the plush coils & now my RE coils are garbage I need an enforcer lift BAD! :(

HUGE thanks to this guy and kitty, and not only did he take it for a spin but he drove it first after it was all done. will be starting a thread and adding pictures. I brought wine and had a day of it. CrawlerKitty and even little panda (panda's daughter) helped out, looks like she is a growing jeeper and likes to turn a wrench as well! :rock:

hickey800

Honestly, I would contact Off Road Evolution as they should be able to help you out the best even if it means recommending you to a retailer in Canada.

Ok thanks a lot sounds good to me now all I have do finish my course n pick up my jeep weoo can't wait

hickey800

just still looking around for few lift options i see this clayton lift http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/clayton-jk-premium-4-5-in-lift-kit-2908050 looks like it has pretty much everything for the lift other than the shocks and drive shafts anyone have any experience with this lift or anything else that needs go with it, seems to be just 100% bolt on even with factory mounts if i am understanding correctly, just a little bit of grinding on front and no welding at all, any thoughts or opinions would be great thanks

Top Bottom