Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
1- yes! they will work perfectly so you now have 3.5" of backspacing
2- yes ones provided on the inside then your standard lug outside
3- uhhh it should work but i dont trust hi-lifts to much. if you have jack stands use them after you jack the jeep up with the high lift or invest in a floor jack for home.

I second the jack stands. I had my jeep on a lift and youd be surprised how much it moves when you are getting to the 90 lbs of torque.

Loading please wait....

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I second the jack stands. I had my jeep on a lift and youd be surprised how much it moves when you are getting to the 90 lbs of torque.

Loading please wait....

ok i will look into getting stands and a floor jack. what weight capacity should i look at getting?

Loading please wait....

the slots in the front rotors on the outer perimeter allows for a lagre screwdriver to keep the wheel from turning while you torque them down.

Secomd getting jack stands. Do not go cheap on them because they are the only things keep the Jeep up and not on the ground.

Oh that reminds me I need to torque check my bolts.

R/
Will

BuckeyeJeep

So, I'm on the market for new tires. My plan is to get 285/70/17 and mount these on the 17" stock wheels (from a 2007 Jeep, and plan to plasti-dip them black or grey). My question is, how much of a backspacing should I get for these tires? :question:

RockyJk

So, I'm on the market for new tires. My plan is to get 285/70/17 and mount these on the 17" stock wheels (from a 2007 Jeep, and plan to plasti-dip them black or grey). My question is, how much of a backspacing should I get for these tires? :question:

With stock wheels a 1.5" spacer works it's what i run 👍

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Do you have either a leveling kit or lift with this tire size? What worked for you? I am currently on stock and do go off-road occasionally, not working big obstacles here.

I had 285/70r17s and ran 1.5 inch wheel spacers but had stock suspension. I did rub in a few places so I was looking into at least a leveling kit but was also looking up to a 2.5 inch lift. I believe I only rubbed on the fender flares so if you want to trim the flares I think you would be ok. If not, I would recommend at least a leveling kit.

BuckeyeJeep

I had 285/70r17s and ran 1.5 inch wheel spacers but had stock suspension. I did rub in a few places so I was looking into at least a leveling kit but was also looking up to a 2.5 inch lift. I believe I only rubbed on the fender flares so if you want to trim the flares I think you would be ok. If not, I would recommend at least a leveling kit.

Great, thanks for your input/help!

BuckeyeJeep

What a difference it made! Now working towards getting my level kit on and then new shoes sometime next week. Can't wait!

Top with the spacers
Bottom without the spacers

Attachments

• 1430234891783.jpg
    1430234891783.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 299

Jk909

How long does it typically take to install these? I'm debating on doing it today before it gets dark.

MotoMatthew

How long does it typically take to install these? I'm debating on doing it today before it gets dark.

Less than an hour. Much faster if you are using an impact gun on your lug nuts to get the wheels on and off. I would avoid using an impact on the actual spacer fasteners though. I used a torque wrench for that.

Top Bottom