CA Legal Advice Needed

Good2Go

https://www.courts.ca.gov/34713.htm

Look up “trial by declaration”. You can dispute the ticket in writing without showing up personally. If the officer does not respond in writing within a set amount of time, the ticket is dismissed. Even if the officer responds, you can still proceed to pay the fine, or show up personally in court anyway. You have nothing to lose.

I’ve “heard” that someone wrote on their trial by declaration, “I’m not guilty” and it was dismissed because a lack of response by the officer.

Oh, and by the way, I’m Not giving legal advice!!!!!!!!

PS: I got pulled over leaving Moab by Utah Highway Patrol after EJS and only got a warning. I think the officer must have liked Jeeps. If this happened in CA, they would have called a SWAT team!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

fiend

Caught the Bug
https://www.courts.ca.gov/34713.htm

If the officer does not respond in writing within a set amount of time, the ticket is dismissed.

I don’t see this at the link you provided.

I think if you look closely at the ticket, you’ll see it’s a sworn declaration signed by the officer under oath. So technically the office doesn’t have to submit anything else as long as s/he filled out the form correctly and signed it.

In a “trial by declaration” situation, do you think a government employee (the judge) is going to believe a fellow government employee about things within the scope of the employee’s responsibilities, or believe some random citizen who’s trying to get out from paying a fine?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good2Go

I don’t see this at the link you provided.

In a “trial by declaration” situation, do you think a government employee (the judge) is going to believe a fellow government employee about things within the scope of the employee’s responsibilities, or believe some random citizen who’s trying to get out from paying a fine?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I did a trial by declaration, the officer did have to respond and I got a copy of this “evidence”. Of course, I had the disadvantage of actually being guilty.

My point is that you have nothing to lose by trying other than some time and a little effort. Or you can pay $99 to have it filed for you and it׳s refundable if you lose.

https://ticketninjaca.com/advantages-of-trial-by-declaration/

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ticket-ninja-calabasas

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Does the money go Federal ?

Goes to the county where the violation occurred

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.. My son decided to use the 91 FastTrak without a transponder. Failed to go online and pay the fee got him 2 tickets for $87 each for crossing county line Riverside County into Orange County. I believe the reader is on the county line. I felt it was like double dipping. Like driving under the influence through 3 counties do get 3 DUI's.

Jkratt

First off, what section of the CVC did they cite you for? Look up online if it qualifies for a correctable violation. If so, make the correction and get it signed off at your local CHP office. Sometimes even if the violation is considered correctable, the officer won't check the box because they are xxx's. I have noticed more violations associated with plates I think it's becasue of the toll roads and their ability to get audimated citations, red light cameras, toll roads, etc.

You make need to either adjust the handle or make a bracket for the plate to fix it. If you have the original bracket put it back on to get the ticket signed off.

Got a warning for a new car on the toll road because it had no plates. Didn't even think that would be an issue. Now new cars leave the dealer with a real paper plate, obviously to get revenue.

jesse3638

Hooked
First off, what section of the CVC did they cite you for? Look up online if it qualifies for a correctable violation. If so, make the correction and get it signed off at your local CHP office. Sometimes even if the violation is considered correctable, the officer won't check the box because they are xxx's. I have noticed more violations associated with plates I think it's becasue of the toll roads and their ability to get audimated citations, red light cameras, toll roads, etc.

You make need to either adjust the handle or make a bracket for the plate to fix it. If you have the original bracket put it back on to get the ticket signed off.

Got a warning for a new car on the toll road because it had no plates. Didn't even think that would be an issue. Now new cars leave the dealer with a real paper plate, obviously to get revenue.

We received the citation in the mail. $196 and it's not correctable which I found odd. Its in the factory location. I'm probably going with rock hard's relocation bracket which moves it to the center of the spare.

MericaMade

We received the citation in the mail. $196 and it's not correctable which I found odd. Its in the factory location. I'm probably going with rock hard's relocation bracket which moves it to the center of the spare.
What vehical code number?

Top Bottom