King of the Hammers 2018

BPA

I'll be there! It'll be my first time, would be cool to link up with a few folks from here

jesse3638

Hooked
I sure will. Never know where race ops will place me.

View attachment 290842

But if you see me, wave back!
You part of Dave's group of helpers?
No need to buy tickets for hanmertown. It’s cool to look at all the stuff though. Enter through a road southwest of hammertown and camp!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
^^^This^^^

It sucks that Dave pulls crazy permits which essentially shuts down the entire area for public use during his event now. In the early days he would just con people into paying to go in when they didn't need to. People had no idea and it looked legit. He got in trouble for that and started calling it a "donation". Then wristbands became required for access to hammer town. Last year it was all the popular viewing areas ie...chocolate thunder, backdoor, jack and claw hammer. Now he pulls a special use permit for the entire area all week. I know it's expensive to run an event like this but to me it BS. Never got charged to attend the MORE events or district 37 events.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

I used to race in the 4400 Unlimited then 4800 Legends. Raced the 2013 - 2015 seasons. Now I volunteer, since 2016 for the UTV race and King of the Hammers race. I run race strategy for one of the Legends class cars in the Every Man Challenge.

I have nothing to do with the business. I'm told it's very expensive to put this all together. That's all I know about it.

jesse3638

Hooked
I used to race in the 4400 Unlimited then 4800 Legends. Raced the 2013 - 2015 seasons. Now I volunteer, since 2016 for the UTV race and King of the Hammers race. I run race strategy for one of the Legends class cars in the Every Man Challenge.

I have nothing to do with the business. I'm told it's very expensive to put this all together. That's all I know about it.
Sorry I didn't mean to come across abrasive. I know there are hundreds of volunteers and I do commend all of them as coordinating all of that is a job in itself. Guys and gals like yourself are what off road racing is all about.

CatButt

Heading out this weekend and staying through the shootout. I'll be in this and staying away from the chaos.

20170725_181827.jpg

ausjeep

You part of Dave's group of helpers?

^^^This^^^

It sucks that Dave pulls crazy permits which essentially shuts down the entire area for public use during his event now. In the early days he would just con people into paying to go in when they didn't need to. People had no idea and it looked legit. He got in trouble for that and started calling it a "donation". Then wristbands became required for access to hammer town. Last year it was all the popular viewing areas ie...chocolate thunder, backdoor, jack and claw hammer. Now he pulls a special use permit for the entire area all week. I know it's expensive to run an event like this but to me it BS. Never got charged to attend the MORE events or district 37 events.

Are you really crying about having to pay $20 for a week of access to arguably the BEST offroad race in the world?

There's even a breakdown of some of the costs involved...and I'm sure there are far more:
  • $250000 - blm permit (based upon estimated number of spectators)
  • $40000 - port a potties
  • $25000 - medical personnel (based on number of spectators)
  • $22000 - jumbotron for spectators who don’t have vehicles to go to canyons
  • $30000 - security
  • $10000 – dust control caused by number of vehicles in Johnson Valley
  • $20000 fencing for spectator safety

Are you really crying about having to pay $20 for a week of access to arguably the BEST offroad race in the world?

There's even a breakdown of some of the costs involved...and I'm sure there are far more:
  • $250000 - blm permit (based upon estimated number of spectators)
  • $40000 - port a potties
  • $25000 - medical personnel (based on number of spectators)
  • $22000 - jumbotron for spectators who don’t have vehicles to go to canyons
  • $30000 - security
  • $10000 – dust control caused by number of vehicles in Johnson Valley
  • $20000 fencing for spectator safety

Classic! Coming from a guy who’s only other post is to try and win free shit. Fuck outta here with that nonsense.

Top Bottom