What problems does your Jeep have this week?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
My swayback disconnect stoped working. It just keeps flashing. I was driving up Silverado peak in Orange County under heavy god and moisture got everywear. Mush have shorted it out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Today, 6 days after my final payment on the Jeep was made, my check engine light came on for the first time. Shocking. Needs a new thermostat. No big deal. Just a quick question here, should I just go to autozone to pick one up or do I have to go thru mopar?

Stay with the Mopar part, when mine went out I put in a napa part lasted 3 months an went out again, put the Mopar part in. No problems in a year an a half.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

Last edited:

Slimebones

Stay with the Mopar part, when mine went out I put in a napa part lasted 3 months an went out again, put the Mopar part in. No problems in a year an a half.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

I have always had really good luck with Napa thermostats on all my vehicles.

jdofmemi

Well, it's always something.

Now I have an airbag light. I suspect that the clock spring is bad. It comes and goes depending on steering wheel position.

On a positive note, I got my replacement Ten Factory Chromoly axle, so it's going in.

Attachments

• IMG_20191127_161322-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20191127_161322-800x600.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 137

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I don’t drive my Jeep much these days. The last couple time I have definitely noticed that my shocks are toast. Enough so that it may actually be affecting the handling. So the fox shocks will be going away for a while until I can bring myself to have them rebuilt and revalved.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
IMG_5430.jpg
Got a flat tire while out Black Friday shopping last night. Got the spare on now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked

Now I have an airbag light. I suspect that the clock spring is bad. It comes and goes depending on steering wheel position.

On a positive note, I got my replacement Ten Factory Chromoly axle, so it's going in.
Had the same thing happen this year. It was covered under the clock spring extended warranty. May be worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

keno4x4

Like it was said before “it is always something”. After having the steering gear box upgraded with a PCS big bore and new ball joints, I started to have some wandering in the steering. So after inspecting all the steering components this is what I found.

The welds on the factory track bar bracket have separated from the axle. The only thing holding the track bar to the axle is the U bolt from the Synergy bracket that’s bolted to the factory bracket.
IMG_1971.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Like it was said before “it is always something”. After having the steering gear box upgraded with a PCS big bore and new ball joints, I started to have some wandering in the steering. So after inspecting all the steering components this is what I found.

The welds on the factory track bar bracket have separated from the axle. The only thing holding the track bar to the axle is the U bolt from the Synergy bracket that’s bolted to the factory bracket.
View attachment 338392

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKS makes nice brackets that wrap around the axles and reinforce the factory mounts

naysjp

You know there is a recall on the airbags. I have an 14 Wrangler and got the letter about my passenger side airbag needed replacement. You sure that airbag light can't be taken care of by the dealership via recall warranty?

jdofmemi

You know there is a recall on the airbags. I have an 14 Wrangler and got the letter about my passenger side airbag needed replacement. You sure that airbag light can't be taken care of by the dealership via recall warranty?

Thanks, I will check.

I hate going to the stealership, but if they will warranty it, I guess I will go.

JYough

Being that my jeep has almost 70,000 miles I started getting a wobble on it with the new 37s so I just went through everything and replaced. Tie rod, drag link, ball joints, trac bar, trac bar bolts, come to find out the tires just needed balanced🤪 problem solved. I’m a little slow sometimes and other times need some justifying with the wife for new jeep parts.

jdofmemi

Now it's lights😭

One of my JW Speaker headlights went out on low beam.

High beam is fine

Attachments

• IMG_20191203_201130-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20191203_201130-800x600.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20191203_201136-800x600.jpg
    IMG_20191203_201136-800x600.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 130

wjtstudios

Hooked
Now it's lights[emoji24]

One of my JW Speaker headlights went out on low beam.

High beam is fine

Is it still under warranty? I believe the LED warranty is 5 years. You just need to contact the retailer that you bought it from and they will swap it out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom