Front Evo Mfg Armor

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Well, that escalated quickly.

I hope the OP keeps us posted on what he decides to do. I really took a leap of faith in what I read on various forums about this armor, so I hope my experience really helped. I would have liked to see some pics and hear first-hand how other members are getting these before I made the purchase.

None of my EVO armor were plug-and-play modifications. The only instructions were for the Rear Corner Armor and the Rocker Armor. For the average guy in his garage they are a pain in the ass to install. It takes time, patience, and creativity to get them secured in-place and getting the Nut Rivets (aka: nutserts) lined-up and installed correctly. Then, if you want them, you have to have tubes fabricated on the skins while they're on the Jeep because of the contour of the body panel. (Likely why the flared fenders are in-house-only) I used all of my C-Clamps and borrowed a couple from a friend too. I also broke a couple ratchet straps in the process when I had them tighter than they could handle and the sharp edges cut them.

I've got the rear lined up pretty damn good, but I need to trim a little more out of the wheel well of the rear armor where it goes down behind the rear door cause my tires are catching it at full-bump. Either that, or I might be able to move my axle slightly rear-ward, but I think cutting would be the better/easier fix. May just be cause my long-arms go more up/down than a short-arm lift which moves the tire more rear-ward as it goes up. (sorry, don't specifically know the terminology behind it.)

And even though I ordered the rear, center and front sections of this armor. I had to cut portions off the rocker panel (center) armor to fit in-between the front and rear armor.

Theres a lot of Nutserts going into these. I was really appreciative that EVO supplied so many. I probably still have about 40-50 nutserts and screws left over. I would say I messed up about 15 of them during the process. The fronts were the most difficult to install because the JK fenders are so thin.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well, that escalated quickly.

I hope the OP keeps us posted on what he decides to do. I really took a leap of faith in what I read on various forums about this armor, so I hope my experience really helped. I would have liked to see some pics and hear first-hand how other members are getting these before I made the purchase.

None of my EVO armor were plug-and-play modifications. The only instructions were for the Rear Corner Armor and the Rocker Armor. For the average guy in his garage they are a pain in the ass to install. It takes time, patience, and creativity to get them secured in-place and getting the Nut Rivets (aka: nutserts) lined-up and installed correctly. Then, if you want them, you have to have tubes fabricated on the skins while they're on the Jeep because of the contour of the body panel. (Likely why the flared fenders are in-house-only) I used all of my C-Clamps and borrowed a couple from a friend too. I also broke a couple ratchet straps in the process when I had them tighter than they could handle and the sharp edges cut them.

I've got the rear lined up pretty damn good, but I need to trim a little more out of the wheel well of the rear armor where it goes down behind the rear door cause my tires are catching it at full-bump. Either that, or I might be able to move my axle slightly rear-ward, but I think cutting would be the better/easier fix. May just be cause my long-arms go more up/down than a short-arm lift which moves the tire more rear-ward as it goes up. (sorry, don't specifically know the terminology behind it.)

And even though I ordered the rear, center and front sections of this armor. I had to cut portions off the rocker panel (center) armor to fit in-between the front and rear armor.

Theres a lot of Nutserts going into these. I was really appreciative that EVO supplied so many. I probably still have about 40-50 nutserts and screws left over. I would say I messed up about 15 of them during the process. The fronts were the most difficult to install because the JK fenders are so thin.

Everything escalates quickly here, lol. :crazyeyes:

The rear builders corners looked like a huge PITA to install. I remember messaging you a few times about it and debating buying a good nutsert tool and installing myself, but decided to just pay Offroad Evolution to install them because of the difficulty level, and because as you mentioned the tube being welded on (that I absolutely wanted) was in in house only thing. They trimmed my Evo rocker skins and the driver side came out perfect. The passenger side doesn't quite sit flush where it meets the corner armor, but you really need to look at it hard to notice. Not sure how much you trimmed your pinch seam/wheel arches, but mine is trimmed so that the oem wheel arch is bigger than the wheel arch cut out in the builders corners. Even with the factory trimming of the pinch seam on the '13 up JK, mine still had to be cut more to fit the 40s at my suspension height. The rear end of the wheel well had to be trimmed as well.

Seeing Greg/GCM2's Jeep below is what made me love the armor that is on your JK. His was done in house by ORE though, and was previously actually on Mel's Evo 1. I'm sure there's quite a bit of time invested in that setup to look so good.

image-1902458742.jpg image-3044126122.jpg

Last edited:
Cult. Better leave now before we convert you too.

Haha. I remember posting a link to a JKX from Northridge4x4 without knowing it was them...just assumed it was Eddie or Mel. Quickly found out from WJCO not to do that...then did some research on what other vendors I should avoid.

JKU EXTREME

Hey JKU EXTREME, I found out that Northridge4x4 carry a couple of those on their online shop!!! Might worth the look - here's the links :

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/evo-manufacturing-jk-evo-armor-front

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/evo-manufacturing-jk-evo-armor-quarter

:brows::brows::brows:

Thanks for that link. But I've tried searching for them on the site and come up with nothing. Even google searched them, and northridge popped up and it sent me to an empty link.

I even contacted them directly and they said they were on just jeep gear, and the evo mfg site and all I found was the rear. If NR ends up saying they don't have them, I may have to get them fabbed up.

Top Bottom