JLU 3-4" Lift EVO/Currie Recommendations

BaddestCross

Has anyone tried Curries arms? They are Jonny joints. Is it hard to set up lifts when you use springs from one company and arms from another?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've got the ultimate Frankenlift... Pieced together with EVO uppers, Currie lowers, Currie steering links, EVO front springs, and OME rear springs. I'd say it's definitely doable. 😎

I did it that way because of cost, but also because I was able to get what I wanted. Lift packages tend to give a 2 door more lift than advertised, so by piecing it together I was able to dial it in for my specific needs. Even though the manufactures are different, everything works together very well. It took a lot of research and time, but I believe my end product is better than I could have achieved with a kit.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

deezus

I've got the ultimate Frankenlift... Pieced together with EVO uppers, Currie lowers, Currie steering links, EVO front springs, and OME rear springs. I'd say it's definitely doable. [emoji41]

I did it that way because of cost, but also because I was able to get what I wanted. Lift packages tend to give a 2 door more lift than advertised, so by piecing it together I was able to dial it in for my specific needs. Even though the manufactures are different, everything works together very well. It took a lot of research and time, but I believe my end product is better than I could have achieved with a kit.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Yea I'm thinking I like this idea.... I really love the ride of Ranchos springs. I definitely want Curries arms. Shocks are another matter then there's swar bar links.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jesse3638

Hooked
I've got the ultimate Frankenlift... Pieced together with EVO uppers, Currie lowers, Currie steering links, EVO front springs, and OME rear springs. I'd say it's definitely doable. 😎

--
Exactly. As long as you know what you are doing and trying to achieve this can work. Also if you can find things second hand you can save some money too. The real benefit of a complete kit is that you can usually save a little bit of money by it all being packaged together vs. buying it all separately. When I was big into mountain biking (jeep took over that hobby) they were called groupos...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

deezus

Only thing with going all Currie arms is there front uppers can't be adjusted on the Jeep.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

chiggerdude

http://core4x4.com

Hands down the best arms for the money. Awesome customer support. They color match their arms and will replace them for bent or failed components.

I've had 3 jeeps mixed with all TF and JKS suspensions. Yes, TF can be stiffer than other rides, but put 800lbs worth of bumpers, winches, spare carriers and gear... then check your spring sag compared to "other spring setups."

Last edited:

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
After all this 'lifting' are the arms adjustable to get pinion angle to stock? Forgive my ignorance I am new to Jeeping. However I am not new to suspension. When you start lifting and changing angles, shit starts wearing out or breaking, ex. U-joints. How is this avoided without adjustable parts?
I have 18 JLU Rubicon and I want to lift it. However I don't want to start breaking shit because of ignorance.

MericaMade

Hi all,

New member here and looking for some advice on lift kits for our new JLU. A little bit of background on us/our plans for use on the new rig. We mostly ride firetrails close to home. We are lucky to live in the middle of Michigan from the standpoint that there are numerous national forest trails within minutes of our house. These mostly consist of rutted up trail systems, some mud, some sand, lots of snow here soon, some fallen trees, etc... We will likely also start going to offroad parks with a ton of different obstacles (Never been rock crawling) and we love the Drummand Island trail system in the UP. This will be a trail rig mostly, but will still be driven to almost all of our adventures. Maybe if we did some out West travels we would trailer, but even doing the Kentucky trails we would prefer to drive it there.

Let me know what you think about this setup:

• STT Pro 37x12.5x17
  • KMC 229 Machete Beadlocks
  • EVO 3.5" JL Stage 1 Enforcer Overland Kit
  • EVO Front Lower CA
  • Currie Rear Upper CA
  • Currie Front Trackbar
  • Falcon 3.3 Adj Shocks 2-4.5" Lift

We are looking for something that will give good flex, nice ride, and be reliable as can be. My wife likes to run the fireroads with some speed, so need something that can absorb the bumps. Also something that can be easily upgraded as our abilities and tastes change over time. (Also as factory items wear/break we will upgrade them as well) Is there any thing I'm missing here, or something that would be a better fit in the same or lower price range? Currently sitting @ $3550ish retail pricing (Lift only) on this setup.

I would appreciate any input/real world experience on this or another lift setup that may suit our needs better. :thumb:

Thanks,

Chris

It all sounded good until you said Falcon.......... Rancho or Kings are your best options. Everyone I have ran across on the trail loves both.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Would installing MOPAR 2" lift on JLU 4dr Rubicon leave enough fender clearance to run 37x13.5xR17? And I don't mean for looks.
I off road with mine and rock crawl.
I currently have stock Rubicon and off road I use 12.5x33xR17 with no rub at all while rock crawling.
Would I need spacers? I am trying to avoid them

MericaMade

Would installing MOPAR 2" lift on JLU 4dr Rubicon leave enough fender clearance to run 37x13.5xR17? And I don't mean for looks.
I off road with mine and rock crawl.
I currently have stock Rubicon and off road I use 12.5x33xR17 with no rub at all while rock crawling.
Would I need spacers? I am trying to avoid them
My buddy has 3.5 EVO and 35 BFG KM3 with 4.5 BS and has kissed his fender a few times to the point you can hear the tire lugs rolling on the fender.

To add his is a Sport and I think the JL Rubi has more fender clearance.

Top Bottom