81 cj7 show off

holliewood61

Got the brake and throttle pedals installed. Did all the cutting to mount the fuel cell. Also removed the yj body harness and removed all the unnecessary wires from the rats nest behind the cj dash and mounted the fuse box

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

holliewood61

I haven't updated for a week or so, the weather has been shitty for the past week and a half and the jeep is sitting outside. Ive been plugging away at some of the smaller things and doing some painting of parts. The beer box build list it getting low on things to do. I still need to finish weld the cage and sliders and make some frame tie ins in addition to whats left on the list.

holliewood61

Its been slow going lately. I finally today blew this thing back apart. Pulled the cage, pulled the tub, pushed the chassis back into the garage to finish weld the sliders, add some gussets, and install the trans and t-case. Ill finish weld the cage while its out and i can roll and flip it around. I still need to make a longer driveshaft. A buddy snagged me some sch 80 pipe that ill use. I used sch 80 for the one that was in it and it held up very well. Hopefully ill be able to fit the tub for the last time in the very near future.

holliewood61

Got the new trans in tonight, still need to come up with a new th400 to dana 20 adapter, they seem to be rarer than hens teeth. Also did some finish welding on the sliders. I need to move the rear kicker on the drivers side to match the passenger side. Yes the driver side slider is kicked up a bit, thats because after years of me beating on it the frame is slightly tweaked. The floor to slider height is the same on both sides, i did this to help the tub sit level and offset the dreaded jeep lean.

20170608_023328_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Ranger4011

Got the new trans in tonight, still need to come up with a new th400 to dana 20 adapter, they seem to be rarer than hens teeth. Also did some finish welding on the sliders. I need to move the rear kicker on the drivers side to match the passenger side. Yes the driver side slider is kicked up a bit, thats because after years of me beating on it the frame is slightly tweaked. The floor to slider height is the same on both sides, i did this to help the tub sit level and offset the dreaded jeep lean.

View attachment 262417

My CJ7 leans too !!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

holliewood61

Ok good to know I am new to the cj

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, ive seen the pictures of yours. It looks killer, i would love to have one that nice to run the roads in. Mine is cobbled together with junkyard parts from about 6 different vehicles. I have a 60 cj5 that i hope to roll into the garage soon, and take back to factory condition. If i ever get it done ill have both ends of the spectrum. A clean stock early 5 and a stupidly modified 7.

holliewood61

Well, i got back after it tonight and ran into some self inflicted problems due to lack of planning and mock up. I went to install the transfer case and my front output is hitting the crossmember i fabbed up. It looks like ill have enough room to jack the drivetrain up and move my mounting tab up to gain clearance. I really dont want to lower the cross member to accommodate everything. I need to get online and see if anyone makes a mml for a cj as everything is tilted slightly forward when jacked up to clear.

holliewood61

I haven't been able to work on this thing as much as I'd like here lately. I started a new job with the department of corrections, and it has been a big change to the schedule I'm used to keeping. No longer can i sit in the house until my wife goes to bed, then head out to the garage until 2 or 3 am. All that being said I have built my rear driveshaft, placed the tub on the frame for the final time, reinstalled my brake booster and master cylinder, and reinstalled the steering column since my last update. I really hope to make good progress this weekend. I'd really like to get the cage fitted for the final time, get the seats in, and plumb the fuel cell by sunday evening.

Here is how it sits right now 20170708_001452_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom