Rock Slider build

Thanks...

Square tubing is so much easier to work with than round, doing multiple miters and coped angles on round tubing is so time consuming and gives me a headache. Square or rectangle tubing can easily come out looking like you bought it from FabFour or ADD if you're not careful though

Lol yea, that idea is not fully baked yet...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
Fab and welding work is finished, all the edges are smoothed and blended, these things are ready for paint...

I really wanted to get them painted today but it is too damn cold for paint. Gonna do black raptor liner with the anti-slip additive on the treads, and match the body color for the tubes. I have just enough white left from when I smashed my quarter panel to get it done.

IMG_5759.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Get everything scrubbed down with acid and scotch brite pads & laid down a coat of epoxy primer.

Here's the view from the driveway this morning, normally I would have waited for a warmer day to paint but Overlander is busting my balls on deadlines... He expects these to be done in the next three weeks.

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5770.jpg

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5792.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
No pictures today but I got them color matched to the Jeep bright white & clear coated. I also got the treads raptor lined black and included some traction additive dust that was left over from this summers trailer project. Planning to buff the paint on the rocker armor & install tomorrow, maybe install the rock sliders too.

Damn those are coming out great

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

So where can we place an order? I've got 3 weeks to spare.
They look nice and solid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

LOL... Thanks but no thanks, I'd love the opportunity to build another set & learn from my mistakes but at "three weeks" per set I'd never have time for anything else.

CalSgt

Hooked
Finally finished... three weeks ahead of schedule too

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5822.jpg

IMG_5824.jpg

I found the EVO instructions for my suspension really helpful (as masking paper)

IMG_5800.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg

I wish EVO rocker armor was available without the bomber rockers, their logo would have looked really cool done like this.

IMG_5808.jpg

Top Bottom