I sell Jeeps for the American working man because that’s who I am and that’s who I care about

mallavoider

Hi all. I’ve been thinking about maybe doing a color change on my Jeep. It’s black now and I’m thinking about going blue or maybe gecko green if available. My questions are, do they hold up well? Can it be repaired if scratched or ripped? Also what is the texture like does it look similar to paint or can you definitely tell it’s a wrap? Also will it help protect the original paint against pin stripes from trees/bushes?

93A5D71F-F6C9-4D80-B930-64D4DFF70CBD.jpg
Did this to mine. I’m very pleased with they it holds up on the trail. The quality of the vinyl is very important. Solid colors are harder to fix rips, because you have to possibly wrapped the entire panel. (Reason for my color choice). Good quality vinyl is very easy to maintain. Good luck. I paid about $2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Thats pretty wild. I like it.
View attachment 333677
Did this to mine. I’m very pleased with they it holds up on the trail. The quality of the vinyl is very important. Solid colors are harder to fix rips, because you have to possibly wrapped the entire panel. (Reason for my color choice). Good quality vinyl is very easy to maintain. Good luck. I paid about $2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Matt and I met a guy at jeep night in lemont that has a shop that does this. He said using good quality materials he charges around $3800 for his shop to do it. Seemed like an insane amount of money to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

reywcms

My old man is wrapping his freshly built tundra and i believe he was quoted about 4k-5k. The material is definitely important.

jeeper52

LOSER
Wow I’m surprised a wrap is $4-5k. If you use a quality material does it look like paint? I’ve seen cars in my area that have them and they almost look like a plastic like texture like it has no depth if that makes any since?

mallavoider

Wow I’m surprised a wrap is $4-5k. If you use a quality material does it look like paint? I’ve seen cars in my area that have them and they almost look like a plastic like texture like it has no depth if that makes any since?

3M or Vivid (not sure if this is the name). Important thing is that is UV protected. It will take longer before it fades.
BTW for the record I don’t sell or work for a wrapping company. I researched it before I did mine. The pricing that you see are just about right. There is a lot of labor involved. The material is not that expensive. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeeper52

LOSER
3M or Vivid (not sure if this is the name). Important thing is that is UV protected. It will take longer before it fades.
BTW for the record I don’t sell or work for a wrapping company. I researched it before I did mine. The pricing that you see are just about right. There is a lot of labor involved. The material is not that expensive. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good thanks for the info

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yeah especially in hot desert climates. When they start to go they look like crap too. Can’t imagine removing it either. I’ve pulled striping and ID’s and that’s plenty for me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had to remove the wrap off my jk8 it was starting to peel. I had my employees remove it on a slow day. So it was really easy for me!

We have two company cars that we let go to long. It ruined the paint. I’m not looking forward to that fix.

jesse3638

Hooked
I had to remove the wrap off my jk8 it was starting to peel. I had my employees remove it on a slow day. So it was really easy for me!

We have two company cars that we let go to long. It ruined the paint. I’m not looking forward to that fix.

Did the go the old school way with heat or sun and razors? Or did try use those 3M rubber wheel decal removers you put in a drill? I typically have people to do that too though... haha

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Did the go the old school way with heat or sun and razors? Or did try use those 3M rubber wheel decal removers you put in a drill? I typically have people to do that too though... haha

It pulled off easily, no tools required (other than the employee). We have had to use the 3M remover on a fleet in Inyo county. Those guys were out there for days removing decals. [emoji23]. Poor bastards.

jeeper52

LOSER
50” rigid e2 light bar

like new rigid e2 50” light bar. Comes with new harness. Retails for around $1300.
$800 shipped.

Attachments

• 59AD9956-AABB-4008-8E55-7085F548DFC9.jpg
    59AD9956-AABB-4008-8E55-7085F548DFC9.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 236
Top Bottom