Stiched arnrest on dorrs

Bsooudi

Stiched armrest on dorrs

Question for the group... My JT has the red stiched armrest on the doors. The other day my passenger door side got punctured by some metal in 3 locations. Its not that bad, but wanted to see if anyone knows if I can get a replacment ordered and where? I have searched JL and JT parts, but keep striking out. Thanks everyone.

Brian

Last edited:
Question for the group... My JT has the red stiched armrest on the doors. The other day my passenger door side got punctured by some metal in 3 locations. Its not that bad, but wanted to see if anyone knows if I can get a replacment ordered and where? I have searched JL and JT parts, but keep striking out. Thanks everyone.

Brian

Probably the dealer. However there are some good mobile repair guys out there that can make it look really good for a fraction.

WJCO

Meme King

Brian

Post a pic if you can. Likely a dealer item. However, I've had good luck in the past with this Permatex repair kit if the instructions are followed exactly:

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...VLB6tBh34gwCOEAQYAyABEgKrV_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Untitled.jpg

Thanks. Trying to avoid the dealer.

I figured. But considering how new the JT is aftermarket or wholesale replacements might be a bit hard to come by for a bit. I’d go the repair rout for the time being. You’d be surprised at how well they turn out when done properly. If you were closer I’d come out and do it for you.

Bsooudi

I'll bet the armrest is not available separately and that it's a door panel assembly from the dealer $$$$$$$$$$. A junkyard may have a wrecked JT and that part is available. Personally, I'd repair it and move on if it were me.

EDIT: Actually looks like these guys have one. You'd want to make sure that the trim package is identical though:

https://www.moparpartssurplus.com/p...MIyvvb7a705QIVD_5kCh153AgVEAkYASABEgKdyvD_BwE

View attachment 337967

Thanks for finding this. Yes, I am more in line with you just repair it and move one. Its one of those dont even have a 1,000 miles and of course sh*t has to happen.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
While I don’t do textile repair I am a mobile vendor (paintless dent repair) I run into guys that do those types of repair. That’s a very easy repair for someone who knows what they’re doing. There’s no way I’d pay for a OEM replacement knowing what those guys can do.

Top Bottom