Willys-Overland Build Thread

Ddays

Hooked
I was thinking of you when I got gas yesterday. State Trooper pulled in next to me got out and said "nice Jeep!" :D

trooper.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Thankfully, I made it through the inspection/emissions process w/o additional headaches this month. Just accepted that I need to go to 2 separate places.

The months on my stickers even match this time so I feel extra legal:)... lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Still think its weird that we don't need the registration stickers on our plates anymore. :thinking: Course the registration dates didn't match the inspection months anymore, which I thought was retarded. Can't tell you how many of my vehicles I walked behind and noticed I was past the damn date...

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Still think its weird that we don't need the registration stickers on our plates anymore. :thinking: Course the registration dates didn't match the inspection months anymore, which I thought was retarded. Can't tell you how many of my vehicles I walked behind and noticed I was past the damn date...

Seriously, it’s a pain to keep track of when they don’t match.

I think it’s funny that they stopped providing stickers but the price went up...

black pearl

Hooked
Thank you. With my minimal budget, it’s been a 10 year project. I actually have bumpstops and other aftermarket parts from 2007 on my Willys.

I get the budget thing. But my eyes are usually bigger then my bank account, so I end up putting myself in financial distress [emoji17] at the end of the day though it's all worth it. [emoji16]

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
The update to my build thread is; there is no update to my build thread. I really hope Santa swings by with something this year...

Here’s an old pic for the holiday spirit.
IMG_4585.jpg

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Finally a package showed up that didn’t contain a Christmas present for the kids...

Nothing exciting but it is the final piece of the puzzle to making lining up to the camper easier come Spring.
IMG_7579.jpg

aTX427

I always like reading about overland builds. Did one myself a couple of years ago. They tend to get heavy really quick. I ended up going to aluminum components were possible and ditched the roof rack for Yakima Sky Box. They are light, easy to remove and you can pack it without worrying about dirt or ice. I also installed a set of air ride helper bags, which work great for dual purpose rigs. Keep up the good work.

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
I always like reading about overland builds. Did one myself a couple of years ago. They tend to get heavy really quick. I ended up going to aluminum components were possible and ditched the roof rack for Yakima Sky Box. They are light, easy to remove and you can pack it without worrying about dirt or ice. I also installed a set of air ride helper bags, which work great for dual purpose rigs. Keep up the good work.

I’m in the same boat weight-wise. Towing a camper that was close to max capacity with a very heavy JK started to seem like a bad idea.

Since, I’ve dumped the full width front bumper and the Gobi rack is leaning against my house. That was probably good for 250# total.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Just read through your build :thumb: I live in the rust belt also :rolleyes2: Every spring we have to clean up the rust and spray paint :doh:

Top Bottom