Wines of the Week

JAGS

Hooked
Wine always seems to taste better when there is a story or memories behind them.

Wife and I enjoying a unique, Nevada grown, gewurztraminer from Churchill Vineyards/Frey Ranch Distillery.

A great trip with friends to Northern NV. Wish we had gotten more than one bottle of this varietal too.

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Monday's are so much more fun when you add a couple great bottles of wine. These are both from the Santa Barbara region. Both tasty in different ways. Cheers. [emoji485][emoji485]

IMG_2678.jpg

#mondaywinemadness.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I picked up a few of these back in January. Very promising, but need another 5 years or so to mellow out and build character. Fingers crossed!

IMG_5019.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
I have been reluctant to open this Rosé that was a bottle from a membership. To my surprise, this is actually good. I'd buy this again. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to find.

IMG_2725.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Wasn't too sure about this Hahn Pinot Noir. Got it as a gift due to the fact it is my wife's mom side madden name (no relation). But, I have to say, it was actually pretty darn good and most of the online reviews were decent as well. It's readily available so give it a try if you want good Pinot at a fair price. [emoji106][emoji485][emoji485]

IMG_2771.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
This 2014 Touriga is one intense grape. Grown in Paso Robles with origins from Portugal. Good, not sure it's great.

IMG_2875.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Thought about this thread a lot this week. I have been working in napa a lot and wanted to get some wine but have no idea what is good!

Napa is a little over-rated and a lot overpriced. Only 4% of California's wines come from Napa. That said, I've yet to travel that far north and it certainly is on my bucket list.

Depending on where you are at, you can always do a tasting or two (during lunch break [emoji6]). There are so many places, I wouldn't know where to start.

I can suggest a couple varietals thought. I'd go with a Chardonnay and maybe a pinot noir. Both are well know and respectfully grown in that region. And they won't overwhelm your palate if your just getting wines.

ob_tj

Napa is a little over-rated and a lot overpriced. Only 4% of California's wines come from Napa. That said, I've yet to travel that far north and it certainly is on my bucket list.

Depending on where you are at, you can always do a tasting or two (during lunch break [emoji6]). There are so many places, I wouldn't know where to start.

I can suggest a couple varietals thought. I'd go with a Chardonnay and maybe a pinot noir. Both are well know and respectfully grown in that region. And they won't overwhelm your palate if your just getting wines.

We are working downtown. With tasting rooms all around us. But a little wine tasting on my lunch might be frowned upon! I am only an hour 45 away so I might have to go on a weekend and try some wines!

Top Bottom