What are people using to paint their bumpers and fenders?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Even if it is resprayed by a line x dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

They will just spray over what you have. I get that its textured and it goes on thick but it won't hide your old scratches. By the time you get a few "touch ups" you'll have a inch of rubber coating everything except where you need it.

JDUBYA420

You seem to not be differentiating between line x, bed line, and rattle can. Line x is a product put on by professionals with professional weird heating spray equipment. You cannot do it at home.

You can do bed liner, rhino liner etc at home but it’s not the same thing as line x.
And yes, this is the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Touché....

Yes you are correct I should have clarified “professionally installed coatings” vs DIY bed liners. I think the post I originally quoted stated they used Line x so it stuck.

benatc1

Hooked
Line ex will rip right off if your really wheeling on rocks, if not then maybe itll hold up. But it certainly will be a pain in the ass to touch up. Paint it with some quality rattle can sp you like the finish, and after every trip, wash and touch it up. Super easy and itll look like nothing happened (well maybe some deep metal scratches)

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Why are you so mad bro? Stop the violence...

I believe if you go back to my original question I was asking those who had line x on these parts (i.e. rock sliders, bumpers) how it was holding up. Never asked if anyone thought it was dumb or if anyone wanted to debate which was better...

To answer your original question no it will rip off. Many members on here have stated the same.

Line-X is good for protecting your bed with simple things like tools, bags of rocks, moving furniture but when you put thousands of pounds of dragging pressure against the rocks it's not going to hold up and rip right off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I am going to be using the Raptor for bumpers, ect. Just using the Mequiers forever black when washed, keeps it black.

Attachments

• 41etWx+3zIL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    41etWx+3zIL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom