WAYALIFE Old Iron Recovery Rig

Journeyman

Right on guys! Just to add to the fuel filter info. I actually always kept a spare with my 07.5 d max. There always dirty fuel that clogs the filter up. Its quite easy to change and actually feels like your tranny's jacked up when the filter get clogged. It won't want to shift into the next gear [emoji848]
Also FYI if you run fuel a percentage of bio diesel and the truck hasn't seen bio during its life the bio actually breaks down and cleans the fuel system causing filters to clog. Just depends on what's in your neighborhood. I've seen a lot of b20 on pumps when I get out of so cal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Angry Aussie

Nice rig! I'm a die hard GM/Chevy man. Learned how to work on cats building chevy stock cars with my dad and uncle when I was single digits lol Our vehicle besides the Jeep is an z71 Avalanche best damn trucks ever! Congrats on your buy I'll quit babbling now haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had an 08 Avalanche Z71 and loved it! If it wasn't for that truck I would have never gotten a Jeep. But I'm glad I got a Jeep. Maybe one day I'll get another avalanche. I know must folks didn't like the look of it but it was so damn handy,it was amazing.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the Duramax!! The 6.6 is a great motor and the Allison transmissions are the best. As you already know. lol

JamesCo

Very nice rig Eddie. I might have delivered that truck to the dealer in Idaho back in '06. We hauled them from the rail head in Salt Lake. I lived in Boise from '03 to '07.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

madstiles

I had an 08 Avalanche Z71 and loved it! If it wasn't for that truck I would have never gotten a Jeep. But I'm glad I got a Jeep. Maybe one day I'll get another avalanche. I know must folks didn't like the look of it but it was so damn handy,it was amazing.

For sure I hate that it was discontinued think 13 is the last year. We're thinking about finding a newer model and handing down ours to the kids. Traveling with it is awesome drives like a caddy super comfortable can haul and carry everything I need it to and the bed is waterproof for our luggage lol Sorry for the hijacked thread haha[emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Right on guys! Just to add to the fuel filter info. I actually always kept a spare with my 07.5 d max. There always dirty fuel that clogs the filter up. Its quite easy to change and actually feels like your tranny's jacked up when the filter get clogged. It won't want to shift into the next gear [emoji848]
Also FYI if you run fuel a percentage of bio diesel and the truck hasn't seen bio during its life the bio actually breaks down and cleans the fuel system causing filters to clog. Just depends on what's in your neighborhood. I've seen a lot of b20 on pumps when I get out of so cal.

Yes I've noticed that too and our new International chassis fire engine specifically states in the owners manual do not run bio diesel. It sucks because international switched to the cummins motor this year. We missed it by a year and are stuck with the international motor.

Great looking truck. My buddy has an 06 dually all straight piped making much more HP and getting better gas mileage. Plus it sounds amazing.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Yes I've noticed that too and our new International chassis fire engine specifically states in the owners manual do not run bio diesel. It sucks because international switched to the cummins motor this year. We missed it by a year and are stuck with the international motor.

Great looking truck. My buddy has an 06 dually all straight piped making much more HP and getting better gas mileage. Plus it sounds amazing.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seems like diesel engines went to shit when they were forced to comply with stricter environmental regulations. I saw such a change in the amount of issues diesel engines had after that happened with tighter tolerances on injectors, EGR coolers, etc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like diesel engines went to shit when they were forced to comply with stricter environmental regulations. I saw such a change in the amount of issues diesel engines had after that happened with tighter tolerances on injectors, EGR coolers, etc.

Yup. And, this is exactly why we wanted an 06 Duramax with it's LBZ motor. Last of the pre-emissions :thumb:

JKbrick

Yup. And, this is exactly why we wanted an 06 Duramax with it's LBZ motor. Last of the pre-emissions :thumb:

Looks great, had an 07 classic with the LBZ and Allison it was awesome. Wish the new Cummins would have came with an Allison. I always ran the Stanadyne fuel supplement in the LBZ and our mechanic said it kept it in great condition

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyle521

You are correct. It did come with an EGR but that's it and none of the other stuff that screws things up.

Thats what I thought, I've been looking at lbzs and 05-07 powerstrokes for those reasons. Or may go for a newer 11-12 cummins and deal with the newer emissions crap. Big purchase vehicle decisions are always tough.

JamesCo

IMG_0107.JPG

Hey Eddie, was this in Boise/ Meridian at the WalMart on Fairview?

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Top Bottom