Craziest Obstacle

bhaner

I am curious what did it for you. You know that feeling. The Jeep tilts JUST far enough that your hind end gets a good grip on the seat....

For me it was this trail in Rimrock, Wa. It wasn't the steepest I have been on... It wasn't the most side hill either... But when you put the two together!!!! :shock:

Just after the 4:00 mark in this video...

https://youtu.be/T6OnUWAKaVk

BaddestCross

Lol. The worst feeling I've had was on the Rubicon. Picked a bad line and my rear passenger tire slid off a rock. Part of it was I wasn't fully awake yet, part of it was when I reached for my winch controller I could feel the Jeep teetering.

Here's Clearskies taking his sweet time and striking a pose before hooking my winch up. 🙄

FB_IMG_1539322179135.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

bhaner

Yep! That would do it!

It seems like they always take their time when hooking up the winch in those situations... Right as you look down and your leg is shaking holding down the brake... LOL!

For me it’s these two obstacles on the same trail.

Half way through this little notch, the passenger side starts climbing a pretty steep wall while the driver side drop just past a big rock. The correct line is further to the left so you don’t lean but I made a mistake. You can’t see it from this angle but my rock slider and wheel were leaning hard against this rock as my passenger side front tire lifted. If it wasn’t there, I’d have gone over
IMG_2832.jpg

The other is at the end of this same trail, they call it eagles nest for a reason. It’s steep and big. Two ledges that are about 5 feet tall. Once your passenger side starts to climb, it ramps up a third ledge as your drivers side drops. It pretty much a mandatory winch point unless you’re running 40’s or in a buggy.
IMG_0011.jpg

Last edited:

bhaner

For me it’s these two obstacles on the same trail.

Half way through this little notch, the passenger side starts climbing a pretty steep wall while the driver side drop just past a big rock. The correct line is further to the left so you don’t lean but I made a mistake. You can’t see it from this angle but my rock slider, fender and wheel were leaning hard against this rock. If it wasn’t there, I’d have gone over

The other is at the end of this same trail, they call it eagles nest for a reason. It’s steep and big. Two ledges that are about 5 feet tall. Once your passenger side starts to climb, it ramps up a third ledge as your drivers side drops. It pretty much a mandatory winch point unless you’re running 40’s or in a buggy.

What trail was that?

WJCO

Meme King
Almost had to air down on this one.

IMG_20190227_162321_976.jpg

Seriously, cool thread. 2 for me.

This one on t33 was pretty sketchy:

DSC05686.jpg

And this one on Red Cone had some pucker factor:

IIQ450T.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Craziest one for my was Pritchett canyon as a whole but rocker knocker was pretty crazy
IMG_5986.JPG

boardsurfer

When Slimebones and I hit Moab Rim, we both walked up the Z turn pretty effortlessly. Coming back down the Z turn though, I just charged ahead and lifted the passenger rear really high when the front end dropped off the last and biggest ledge. That was nearly a brown-pants moment.

Slimebones

When Slimebones and I hit Moab Rim, we both walked up the Z turn pretty effortlessly. Coming back down the Z turn though, I just charged ahead and lifted the passenger rear really high when the front end dropped off the last and biggest ledge. That was nearly a brown-pants moment.

Good thing you knew when "not" to hit the brakes!! Rolled right thru it. I can clearly still hear Trisha's scream!

JYough

IMG_3952.jpg
This one gets me every time at k2 in Mason, Tx
I see all the other jeeps go though but when you do it in yours you feel like your just gonna lay it over.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Lol. The worst feeling I've had was on the Rubicon. Picked a bad line and my rear passenger tire slid off a rock. Part of it was I wasn't fully awake yet, part of it was when I reached for my winch controller I could feel the Jeep teetering.

Here's Clearskies taking his sweet time and striking a pose before hooking my winch up. 🙄

View attachment 321952

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That was close. I had a good view from the rear, and you stopped just in time.

I am curious what did it for you. You know that feeling. The Jeep tilts JUST far enough that your hind end gets a good grip on the seat....

For me it was this trail in Rimrock, Wa. It wasn't the steepest I have been on... It wasn't the most side hill either... But when you put the two together!!!! :shock:

Just after the 4:00 mark in this video...

https://youtu.be/T6OnUWAKaVk

That looked hairy. Pictures never do it justice.

Mine was in the snow last weekend. Crossing a side hill section, snow, and the packed part was ice. The rear end slid out of the small ruts and right to the edge of about a 40 foot drop.
I was able to walk it sideways until it came back on the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_210253-756x1008.jpg
    IMG_20190224_210253-756x1008.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 213

BaddestCross

That was close. I had a good view from the rear, and you stopped just in time.

Lol. Pictures never do things justice. I should say that that last Calico run got me on Pucker Pass backwards... That was the first time I actually lost my breath.

Mine was in the snow last weekend. Crossing a side hill section, snow, and the packed part was ice. The rear end slid out of the small ruts and right to the edge of about a 40 foot drop.
I was able to walk it sideways until it came back on the road.

Jeez... Was that on Holcomb Valley or another trail up there?

--

jdofmemi

Lol. Pictures never do things justice. I should say that that last Calico run got me on Pucker Pass backwards... That was the first time I actually lost my breath.

Jeez... Was that on Holcomb Valley or another trail up there?

--

It was on 3N16 between the horse camp and Crab Flats.

I drove it going West, and was able to stay in the ruts, as it was a little bit downhill. I had to come back after finding people stranded.
Going uphill, even a little, was enough to cause me to slip, and I was not locked. I ended up in low, both lockers, and just went for it.

Then I walked back to the people I was helping, and found out they came a different way, and it was easy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190227-195542.jpg
    Screenshot_20190227-195542.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 200

BaddestCross

It was on 3N16 between the horse camp and Crab Flats.

I drove it going West, and was able to stay in the ruts, as it was a little bit downhill. I had to come back after finding people stranded.
Going uphill, even a little, was enough to cause me to slip, and I was not locked. I ended up in low, both lockers, and just went for it.

Then I walked back to the people I was helping, and found out they came a different way, and it was easy.
Yeah, we took 3N16 East past Gold Mountain and went out at the dump station. There were a couple sketchy areas on the shady side of the mountain. I could see that getting scary especially after sundown. Glad you made it out okay. 🍻

--

jdofmemi

Yeah, we took 3N16 East past Gold Mountain and went out at the dump station. There were a couple sketchy areas on the shady side of the mountain. I could see that getting scary especially after sundown. Glad you made it out okay. 🍻

--

Thanks

I came in by the dump, and was trying to get to Green Valley Lakes, to get past the closure on 18

I was 3 miles short of Crab Flats when I found two rigs stranded at a huge wash out. There was a bypass, but icy and way off camber. My imitation Maxtrax worked great for that.

I helped them past there, and another wash out, but a third one made us turn back.

I could have made it, and could have drug them, but their rigs would not have been the same.

Top Bottom