The never-ending 'wave' discussion thread

PurpleHayes519

Awkward Jeep Wave?

At least we don't drive FJ's with round headlights. Haha. Take the good with the bad.

I grew up with a YJ. So it may be an upbringing thing. But there's one thing we know it is for sure...a way of life.

Very true. I'd rather see a YJ than an FJ. That is for sure.

Rascal3

When did the Jeep Wave start roughly? I thought it was something similar to what I have always seen with Harley Riders, the way they wave to each other. Like being proud to support an American Traditional production.

Tackerdown

Banned
Re: Awkward Jeep Wave?

When did the Jeep Wave start roughly? I thought it was something similar to what I have always seen with Harley Riders, the way they wave to each other. Like being proud to support an American Traditional production.

Good question. I'm wondering if there is a Highway barrier rule.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holeshot

Banned
I always wave to other jeeps. Except those times when you're turning on a corner and both your hands are busy.

I'm a mecanic and do a lot of road tests, and I have to control myself not to wave to jeeps in a ford, what a shame xD

Last summer, I worked on my friend's jk, and had to pick it up at his place to bring it home, so my GF drove it back to our place and she was soo happy to do her first jeep wave, it was funny :D

When I bought mine last year (which is my second jeep, had a TJ before and my father a CJ5 when I was kid) I told the salesman that jeep should have writen on the first line of the contract, capital letters the following :

I __________________ UNDERSTAND THAT OWNING A JEEP IS A WAY OF LIFE, THEREBY I ENGAGE MYSELF TO WAVE BACK TO FELLOW JEEPERS AND TEACH OTHERS TO FOLLOW THAT RULE. IF NOT, IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET SINGLE DIGIT WAVE INSTEAD OF A FIVE STAR.

:standing wave:

jkmohican

Alot of Harley people wave at me, but i guess that they have their own wave too. I actually get more waves from old jeeps than newer, weird.

Tackerdown

Banned
Re: Awkward Jeep Wave?

Alot of Harley people wave at me, but i guess that they have their own wave too. I actually get more waves from old jeeps than newer, weird.

I wonder if they have jeeps to. Most bike riders wave at each other its not just Harley . Usually the only ones that don't are when you pass 1 %ers ,then you hope you don't piss them off for some reason. I've never came across any issues with them even in the bar scene . They are big on respect believe it or not , show them respect they respect you , or at least they don't kick your ass .lol
I think if bikers wave at you its the recognition of the way of life. For me its the open road the destinations and the camaraderie one the bike just like in the jeep but I can get a little closer to nature in the jeep.

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Rascal3

I agree with you on the respecting bikers point Tackerdown, if you show respect, they show respect.

Beyrgut

I think they mis-understand the lingo.. we talk tire size they talk wheel size. Anyone got a pic of their 40s, that I have to see?

TJforlife89

if i see a jeep in the distance, i want to get closer to it to wave. it is so disappointing when you dont get one back tho.

TDogg

I just got my first Jeep, and I thought it was just a joke that fellow Jeepers wave to each other. Other than a pedestrian pointing at me for no reason at a stop sign, I haven't gotten a Jeep wave yet :idontknow:
But I'm def gonna wave to every Jeep now, even if I'm not driving in one cuz why not. Awkward schmawkward

Top Bottom