EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

wjtstudios

Hooked
There might be a chance I could meet you guys for the Moab portion. Will see as it gets closer

Edit: there is no way way I will make this trip... that part of summer is way too busy for me to take off unfortunately. I can do some weekend trips but weekdays will be hard. I do have Oct 3-11 already called off for 2020 if anyone has anything in mind? Moab,Windrock,Rubicon,Smorr/flat nasty,Texas,Oklahoma, wherever...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We’ll definitely be doing another October run, I’d be fine with Windrock again. So many more lines we need to hit!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bhaner

Curious what people plan on doing for lodging. Was thinking about just using my camper/trailer but it is quite a ways to haul it.

Ddays

Hooked
Curious what people plan on doing for lodging. Was thinking about just using my camper/trailer but it is quite a ways to haul it.

Check out Vrbo or Airbnb

I paid considerably less than a hotel for a full house in Moab and Ouray.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Check out Vrbo or Airbnb

I can second that except I keep forgetting to book Ouray! I’ve gotta get that leg done. Thanks for the reminder.

bhaner

Check out Vrbo or Airbnb

I have done that in the past with larger groups.

With it being just me it seems silly to rent a whole house. Are there folks who would want to go in on a house and split up the cost?

wjtstudios

Hooked

With it being just me it seems silly to rent a whole house. Are there folks who would want to go in on a house and split up the cost?

There were a couple guys that posted up the same thing.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I'm not booking anything in advance, as I can't set my schedule in stone, but I would gladly share in the cost with someone.
I just can't confirm until closer to the date of the trip due to the nature of my business.

Dale72

Hooked
I'm not booking anything in advance, as I can't set my schedule in stone, but I would gladly share in the cost with someone.
I just can't confirm until closer to the date of the trip due to the nature of my business.
I'm in the same situation. Things have been really slow the last few months earlier than normal. And as it looks right now I might not even have my jeep anymore by then

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug

I'd be open to that. Let me know when you get some prices

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

longarmwj

I was actually going to suggest this. This would make planning this trip much easier for Drew and I

bhaner

Once we get a good head count of how many would be interested I will do some looking.

I have been able to get some good deals by contacting managers on VRBO directly.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Once we get a good head count of how many would be interested I will do some looking.

I have been able to get some good deals by contacting managers on VRBO directly.

I would be interested in sharing a place, sounds a lot easier.

Brute

Hooked

Male gigolo?...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I’m interested as well

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

metalic

Definitely let RSt8rox know if you do. He knows the UP and where the insane lines are that you can challenge you Jeep on.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Unfortunately this is one trip the wife will want to drive her Jeep and leave my trailer queen at home. Next trip to Moab will be trailering my Jeep out so I can hit anything I want as hard as I want and not worry. That was tough this year knowing I have to drive it back home.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Unfortunately this is one trip the wife will want to drive her Jeep and leave my trailer queen at home. Next trip to Moab will be trailering my Jeep out so I can hit anything I want as hard as I want and not worry. That was tough this year knowing I have to drive it back home.

Regardless, shot him a PM. He can tell you where some good unknown trails are you might want to hit.

Bringing your white jeep up there would’ve been incredible . Some of the videos I’ve seen of RSt8rox taking his Jeep up and over are insane.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

metalic

Regardless, shot him a PM. He can tell you where some good unknown trails are you might want to hit.

Bringing your white jeep up there would’ve been incredible . Some of the videos I’ve seen of RSt8rox taking his Jeep up and over are insane.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Will do thanks

We have 1 maybe 2 trips left this year in white Jeep then it goes under the knife for a few more cylinders

Top Bottom