Drummond Island

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
This past week, made the opportunity to visit Michigan's Drummond Island. We were blessed with comfortable temperatures and rain forecast that never materialized. Much like the videos you may have seen, once you're off the pavement, you tend to either be on rock, or in trenches (filled with water). One thing was certain, gurgling of underwater exhausts was a sound many heard.

My favorite thus far (still parsing all the pics/vids), catching the first ferry back to the mainland on Sunday morning.
Drummon Island AM.jpg

Most folks felt a bit of trepidation going through Connor's Hole. Given the limestone bottom, the biggest risk was really just the floating logs out to get a door panel.
Connors Hole.jpg

I'll share a few more as I have time to wade through everything :).

wjtstudios

Hooked
This past week, made the opportunity to visit Michigan's Drummond Island. We were blessed with comfortable temperatures and rain forecast that never materialized. Much like the videos you may have seen, once you're off the pavement, you tend to either be on rock, or in trenches (filled with water). One thing was certain, gurgling of underwater exhausts was a sound many heard.

My favorite thus far (still parsing all the pics/vids), catching the first ferry back to the mainland on Sunday morning.
View attachment 264940

Most folks felt a bit of trepidation going through Connor's Hole. Given the limestone bottom, the biggest risk was really just the floating logs out to get a door panel.
View attachment 264942

One on my most favorite places to go! Connors is always fun for first timers because of the length. It's always great seeing the look on Their faces when you tell them we are going to cross that!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug

View attachment 264940

View attachment 264942

Was good to meet a fellow WAYALIFE member there, saw a jeep with a banner at Williamsburg Kentucky last year. It never met the owner.
I waited for 2 different logs during my crossing and remember thinking where are they coming from?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Was good to meet a fellow WAYALIFE member there... I waited for 2 different logs during my crossing and remember thinking where are they coming from?

Enjoyed meeting you as well, thanks for poking around.

Given the thin sheet metal on a JK, it wouldn't be hard to see one of those logs causing quite the dimple. Was a new experience.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Tell your brother thanks for the rain-x it got a really good workout on our drive home.

Yes, it did, didn't it :) I use Rain-X wiper solvent, but it doesn't create the effect. Oddly enough, the Rain-X glass cleaner, great for removing water spots btw, also does not cause water shedding.

Top Bottom