What did Brown Santa show up with today..

Mikecal9985

I saw this setup a while back. Let me know what you think after you install it.

Here are some pics for ya buddy! I forgot to take pics during the install tho...it was a fairly easy install. I recommend replacing the nuts and bolts with better ones, the 4mm Allen head bolts that came with the carrier seems to strip pretty easily...I picked them up at Lowe’s for like $5. While I was at it I replaced the bolts for the third brake light holder. The hinges were a breeze to install as well. Didn’t even have to touch up the paint after I removed the stock hinges...all in all I think it was an easy install!
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0679.jpg
I also had to add an extension to the stock isolators.
Feels way sturdier than the stock carrier. Hinges are really smooth and have a grease nipple on them as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Here are some pics for ya buddy! I forgot to take pics during the install tho...it was a fairly easy install. I recommend replacing the nuts and bolts with better ones, the 4mm Allen head bolts that came with the carrier seems to strip pretty easily...I picked them up at Lowe’s for like $5. While I was at it I replaced the bolts for the third brake light holder. The hinges were a breeze to install as well. Didn’t even have to touch up the paint after I removed the stock hinges...all in all I think it was an easy install!
View attachment 295011
View attachment 295012
I also had to add an extension to the stock isolators.
Feels way sturdier than the stock carrier. Hinges are really smooth and have a grease nipple on them as well!!

Looks good. Running 35s? Would love to hear how it holds up after you have some time with it.

Mikecal9985

Looks good. Running 35s? Would love to hear how it holds up after you have some time with it.

Yea 35x12.50r17...it feels pretty sturdy but only time will tell I guess haha...there is a something that rattled a few times when I was driving home, it’s definitely coming from inside the Jeep in the back tho. I have a couple things than could be rattling other than the carrier, so once I figure out what’s rattling inside it should be good to go!!

PokerStogey

I know there aren’t a ton of RTT fans on here, but drastic changes in life have found me jeep camping quite a bit and merely sleeping in th JK out of ease. One day short of 18 weeks and my Gobi showed up today so I can give this Tepui RTT thing a try. IMG_6135.jpg

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Holy shit that was some quick turnaround. I ordered this stuff two days ago. Huge thanks to Eddie and Cindy for getting this stuff out to me 🍺 IMG_20180307_180730.jpg IMG_20180307_180734.jpg not quite brown santa but hey I won't complain.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom