Back in a Jeep - new Gladiator Rubicon owner

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Hello everyone! A few of you may remember me, as I used to have an Anvil EVO Built ‘15 JKU Rubicon on 40s. I sold it to MTG back in 2017 to buy a new Charger Hellcat.

IMG_2098.JPG

Prior to that I had my ‘08 JKU Rubicon on a Teraflex 3” LCG long arm suspension and 37s that I owned for quit awhile. Having a 707hp 4 door sedan that went 0-60 in less than 3.5 seconds was fun, but I really missed my Jeep. I debated getting a JLU Rubicon, but ended up passing on it to hold out for a Gladiator.

I’m glad to say that today I am back in a Jeep! Picked up a new Gladiator Rubicon today at a local PA dealer for what I felt was a great deal (just below invoice). Has leather seats, Falken M/T 33” tires, 8.4” uconnect, the works. I believe the only options not on it are the dual top and steel front bumper options. I could’ve picked up a Launch sedition in the same color that had the steel bunker, but passed because it didn’t have the M/T tires. This thing is awesome. It’s SOOOOO much better than the interior in my ‘15 JKU. I wasn’t a huge fan of the 3.6/A580 combo in that JK, but the 3.6 and 8 speed auto in the JT is perfect, at least on a stock truck. Enough talking. It a great to be back, and I look forward to seeing some of you on the trails. Onto the pics!

IMG_3669.jpg
IMG_3669.jpg
IMG_3675.jpg
IMG_3672.jpg
IMG_3677.jpg
IMG_3667.jpg
IMG_3668.jpg
IMG_3677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s a awesome JT! Plan on building this one up as well?

Welcome back!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome! Glad to see you back. If you haven't already, check out JT-Gladiator.com, our sister site. Can't wait to see what you do with this thing.

Oh, and I knew you'd be back.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Welcome back! Nice JT! If it’s anything like your ‘15 JK build this is gonna be a sexy beast!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome! Congrats!

WooHoo!! Congrats to you!!
Welcome back :thumb:

Thanks!

That’s a awesome JT! Plan on building this one up as well?

Welcome back!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Not at the moment. I plan to drive it for a year before going crazy. I moved back home to PA and no longer live in AZ. IMO the trails we have here don’t require such an extreme Jeep such as my last one. At the most maybe some Dana 60 axles and 40” tires, but probably just on a plain old coil and shock lift like the one from EVO Mfg. I want to put a roof top tent on the bed that will open up to the side, like the ARB one, and use this truck to get out into rugged and remote areas for camping trips with the kids.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks!

Not at the moment. I plan to drive it for a year before going crazy. I moved back home to PA and no longer live in AZ. IMO the trails we have here don’t require such an extreme Jeep such as my last one. At the most maybe some Dana 60 axles and 40” tires, but probably just on a plain old coil and shock lift like the one from EVO Mfg. I want to put a roof top tent on the bed that will open up to the side, like the ARB one, and use this truck to get out into rugged and remote areas for camping trips with the kids.

Sounds like a great plan! Congrats again

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Yup, know exactly here it is. You're not too far from Rausch Creek. Nice area over there. :thumb:

Yeah it’s about an hour away if I had to guess. I used to go there frequently. Now that I’ve experienced off-roading in the west, where I can start at one location, wheel and explore for 100 miles, and then drive home from a completely different location than I started. Not looking forward to going back to having to wheel in a park, and be required to go along with someone to do so.

Ddays

Hooked
Yeah it’s about an hour away if I had to guess. I used to go there frequently. Now that I’ve experienced off-roading in the west, where I can start at one location, wheel and explore for 100 miles, and then drive home from a completely different location than I started. Not looking forward to going back to having to wheel in a park, and be required to go along with someone to do so.

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. It's totally ridiculous that I have to drive 4 hours through the goddam mountains to get to a park to wheel in. Fortunately there are places to wheel in those mountains, you just have to dig them out. Nothing like out west though. Not even close.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Yeah, it's a pain in the ass. It's totally ridiculous that I have to drive 4 hours through the goddam mountains to get to a park to wheel in. Fortunately there are places to wheel in those mountains, you just have to dig them out. Nothing like out west though. Not even close.

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I need to seek out these other areas.

Top Bottom