Quarantine Trailer Project

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I got the lid built and all of the welds ground down that will be plated over. I still plan to run a tube or plate between the middle two lid crossmembers. I plan to mount the spare on top of the lid and want something more rigid for the hold down besides the sheet metal skin

IMG_7301.jpg

IMG_7302.jpg

Next I need to built the rear gate and also install a plate across the tongue and angled supports for more piece of mind.

I have sheetmetal, steel for fender frames, hinges and lid latches on order and they should be here next week. I still need to find a compression latch for the rear gate. Not sure what I’m doing there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So just curious when you build something like this how do you get a bin and register it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven’t actually done it before but from my research and a couple buddies that have, make an appt with DMV to get it all inspected, fill out the paperwork, (obviously has to meet all the proper requirements) show receipts as a cost basis for tax and pay the man his money. Get the VIN and be on your way.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So just curious when you build something like this how do you get a bin and register it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven’t actually done it before but from my research and a couple buddies that have, make an appt with DMV to get it all inspected, fill out the paperwork, (obviously has to meet all the proper requirements) show receipts as a cost basis for tax and pay the man his money. Get the VIN and be on your way.

I think they give you a VIN plate/plaque that you have to put on the tongue. I had done the research at one point too and it seems pretty easy. Well, maybe harder with the rona and the DMV closed for 8 weeks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom