RUGGED RIDGE Jeep JL Wrangler / JT Gladiator Truck AmFib SNORKEL

wjtstudios

Hooked
It does match the look of the truck, not bad looking at all! Maybe I missed it, when you add the extension onto it, does it block off that lower intake so it is semi water tight?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good...I like both...not that I’m snorkel-biased in any way...

:cheesy: not in the least :D

Best looking low mount snorkel I have seen. Although im not as fond of the high mount look.

That low mount set up is super clean! Because of that I would lean low mount. I do like the look of both tho

It really is a clean addition. :yup:

Looking good... hard to pick a favorite. Fordyce is now much more doable [emoji12]

LOL - If I needed a snorkel this high to do the water crossings on Fordyce, the waters would be carrying me down into the Pacific Ocean. :crazyeyes:

I'd have to say I like the low mount better due to its sleekness. But, I do think the top mount looks really good too. Cant lose depending on what your vision is for your build

It is nice that Rugged Ridge offers both options.

That is really sharp looking [emoji106]. It looks like a factory piece.

That's what I love about it. :yup:

High mount. If you’re going to do it, do it. Lol

It matches the look of the truck and looks sweet. Good work. I was hoping for a video for my Sunday night though. [emoji17]

LOL - Video is up :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
High mount is something I would go with I think low one kind of defeats the purpose

I don't know if I'd agree with that. If I were really crossing water deep enough to warrant a high mount, I'd have a lot more that I'd be worrying about.

Low mount has a cleaner look but high mount stands out so that everyone knows you're a real overlander.

LOL - and, looks are everything :crazyeyes: :D

It does match the look of the truck, not bad looking at all! Maybe I missed it, when you add the extension onto it, does it block off that lower intake so it is semi water tight?

Yes, there is a whole gasket kit that comes with it. You can see all this on the video.

Elroy231

The Gladiator reall makes both of them look great. As previously mentioned the traditional look has the tall mount, but damn that flush mount loomk so clean! I'll vote flush mount. It's a win win either way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Man they both look so sweet!! I like them both but the low one is a little more custom. You don’t see the low ones but you see the tall one a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cboggs

Low mount. I'd bet you get more attention with it than the high mount thats a dime a dozen. Every jeep and tacoma around here has a high snorkle.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have to say that I'm kind of surprised at how many people are chiming in with the low mount being the way they'd go. :crazyeyes:

It does really have a nice factory look :yup:

Brute

Hooked
I have to say that I'm kind of surprised at how many people are chiming in with the low mount being the way they'd go. :crazyeyes:

It does really have a nice factory look :yup:

If you do the low mount you will have to add a “I do have a snorkel” decal somewhere...

Ddays

Hooked
I like the lower mount as well, but you could always put the high mount on when you want hang out with the overlander crowd or decide you want to hitch your truck up to a semi & do burnouts. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you do the low mount you will have to add a “I do have a snorkel” decal somewhere...

:cheesy: I like it!! :thumb:

I like the lower mount as well, but you could always put the high mount on when you want hang out with the overlander crowd or decide you want to hitch your truck up to a semi & do burnouts. :crazyeyes:

This is true and it literally take about a minute to swap them out :yup:

Maybe I'm missing something but what exactly do I gain with the lower mount?

If you're fording deep water correctly, it will create a build up of water on the front of your Jeep and potentially to the point where water comes up and over your hood, even if the actual water level is significantly lower that in. The ensuing bow wake will cause the water to drop away and so locating the intake further back alone can be a significant help to keep water way from it. At least, I think that's the idea anyway. My rigs all sit pretty tall and I've never felt the need for snorkel and would never want to cross rushing water deep enough to want one.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I like both but agree with the "if you are going to do it, do it" comment. The only think that make me go low is if it was the only way to run a Gravity Pro bar across the windshield. (Although I'm not sure you can run the bar with either set up.)

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I guess I don’t get the low mount option. Do you really gain anything more after sealing the small holes in the air box?

Top Bottom