Anvil Jeep Build - Jetlau3

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Looking good Dan.

If the bumper is hard to get on now, get a bigger hammer for after it's powder coated.

Is your winch secure from people who might want it worse? It looks exposed out there with no bumper.

Damn haha . Hoping I don’t have to do another bumper for a long time .

I literally just covered winch up with a tarp . It’s been like that parked in our spot for a while. Just a few more days

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Adjustments.jpg
IMG_3836.jpg
IMG_3845.jpg
IMG_3846.jpg
IMG_3847.jpg
IMG_3848.jpg

Got the bumper back from powdercoating yesterday and installed today ! Super happy that it’s all done.

Also installed the front set of Progrips . Ran out of time . Rears for a different day .

Jeep is all back together and ready for PVD!

rubiDave

Looks good Dan[emoji106]
View attachment 337044
View attachment 337045
View attachment 337046
View attachment 337047
View attachment 337049
View attachment 337048

Got the bumper back from powdercoating yesterday and installed today ! Super happy that it’s all done.

Also installed the front set of Progrips . Ran out of time . Rears for a different day .

Jeep is all back together and ready for PVD!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Looks sharp Dan!

Bumper looks awesome! The progrips are great, congrats

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks great.

Looks good!

Looks good Dan[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looking good...

Thanks for the comments guys . Have had fun building up the rig and adding upgrades based on everyone’s collective experience and advice . Looks a lot different than before last NY run 🤪

Adjustments.jpg

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
IMG_4060.jpg

Have my single row light bar laying around and could mount it here in front of the winch . Can’t decide if I like it or should just leave it off . Thoughts?

A pillar lights are side facing so would be good to have one more front facing light

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Does look a little small... but if it does the job that's what matters. (I know, that's what she said.)

Yah I thought so too but decided to go with what I have . These Lightforce lights are very bright . Was introduced to the brand when I started working with them on warehousing and distribution . They are well known in Australia but just entering the US market .

Happy with the way it turned out

IMG_4072.jpg
IMG_4076.jpg

Brute

Hooked
I think it looks fine...just give it a test ride one night where it won’t bother any other drivers...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Tried to tackle the track bar bushings today . Rented a ball joint press but adapters weren’t the right size and no sockets big enough . Ended up mangling one side

59528238533__05078421-ED39-4D7A-B653-A92D93F8E3AD.jpg

Took it to a machine shop and just had it done . Took the guy 30 mins with a hydraulic press . New bushings from steer smarts seem redesigned.

IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4089.jpg

Bolt hole at the frame side seems to be slightly ovalizing. Just put the bolt back in and torqued it down to 130. Interested in the Synergy track bar reinforcement kit but doesn’t work with this track bar .

IMG_4083.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg

All seems tight again . Steering feels way better going over bumps .

Greased all control arm joints, front driveshaft, ball joints, and tie rod ends . Sucks without a lift [emoji12]

Top Bottom