2016 SEMA BREAKING NEWS: NEW Dynatrac Axle Packages

RSQCON

Just saw this on Dynatrac's FB page. Haven't seen any mention of it here so thought I'd post it.

Trail Leader Axle Package

WJCO

Meme King
Are those ProGrips on the front? No rears?

The pic looks like the front has progrips but there is no mention of them for the rear or the front for that matter in the list of included items. I just think they used a pic of their complete 44 front. I hope I'm wrong though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Call Dynatrac to confirm. I can truthfully say that with my WJ front axle upgrade with the ProGrip brakes, when I brake hard, the nose dives. I'm already looking at some kind of rear brake upgrade for this custom build. I could live with it, but I know it can be improved on my model. With that being said, Dynatrac has stated that a major design of the ProGrip package for a JK utilizing all 4 wheels is indeed for even braking. I'm sure they'll have an answer for this.

RSQCON

Wish it included the ProGrip brake kit but sadly it does not. That would be a hellva pack deal. I'm sure this is a good package but add another $1k for the brake upgrade and your are inching towards their 44/60 package.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Call Dynatrac to confirm. I can truthfully say that with my WJ front axle upgrade with the ProGrip brakes, when I brake hard, the nose dives. I'm already looking at some kind of rear brake upgrade for this custom build. I could live with it, but I know it can be improved on my model. With that being said, Dynatrac has stated that a major design of the ProGrip package for a JK utilizing all 4 wheels is indeed for even braking. I'm sure they'll have an answer for this.

Dynatrac does sell the rear pro grips separately so you can add them to the rear on your WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Dynatrac does sell the rear pro grips separately so you can add them to the rear on your WJ

Not sure if it would work though, the WJ rear axle is a different axle altogether. I could research it though, but I'm not sure the brackets would mount up. My new front axle is JK everything, that's why I went with the progrip brakes.

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure if it would work though, the WJ rear axle is a different axle altogether. I could research it though, but I'm not sure the brackets would mount up. My new front axle is JK everything, that's why I went with the progrip brakes.

I wondered if you were going to have more nosedive with those rotors being as large as they are. With the whole Pro Grip package you can see how much larger the REAR rotors are compared to the fronts, which is the opposite of the stock systems. I know you know this but for everyone else unfamiliar with the system, that combats the nosedive & transfer of the weight off of the rear axle like the stock systems allows & lets the rears contribute much more braking power.

WJCO

Meme King
I wondered if you were going to have more nosedive with those rotors being as large as they are. With the whole Pro Grip package you can see how much larger the REAR rotors are compared to the fronts, which is the opposite of the stock systems. I know you know this but for everyone else unfamiliar with the system, that combats the nosedive & transfer of the weight off of the rear axle like the stock systems allows & lets the rears contribute much more braking power.

Exactly. So I will likely have to upgrade the rear brakes somehow. I can live with it for now, but it was definitely noticeable. Further showing how badass the ProGrip brakes really are.

Bigjimbo

Wish it included the ProGrip brake kit but sadly it does not. That would be a hellva pack deal. I'm sure this is a good package but add another $1k for the brake upgrade and your are inching towards their 44/60 package.
And dont forget RCVs. Both of those puts you around 8k plus the Hassel of assembling the rear. 44/60 and 60/60 come ready to bolt in... Fluid and all.

I just put in my order for the 60/60. I shouldn't have issues crawling strollers and priuseseses at the local grocery store anymore.

Now to find buyers for all my parts...

mastrcruse

I am looking to purchase an XD60 to pair with my UD60 rear. I'm thinking the XD60 spec'd for the Elite Package is perfect combo. Does anyone have any feedback on if there are other options I should be adding to it?

• ProRock XD60® Front Axle
• Dynatrac exclusive patented ProRock® nodular-iron, high-pinion ProRock XD60® center-section with bearing bores to handle oversize pinion and carrier bearings for elite housing rigidity.
• More ground clearance than any other high pinion axle housing made for 10.1-inch ring-gear diameters.
• 3.75-inch diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio compared to any other light-truck axle on the market.
• Dynatrac exclusive Dual-Sump High Volume™ (DSHV) oiling system to ensure the outer pinion bearing is never without lubrication.
• Dynatrac-exclusive U.S.-made forged, double-heat-treated 1550 35-spline and optional 40-spline axleshaft assemblies. These are the best shafts in the industry and are capable of up to 50-degree turning angles. You get complete 35 or optional 40-spline inners and outer shafts with 1550 joints installed.
• The ProRock XD60 is the only axle in the industry specifically engineered with features to complement and support 40-spline shafts.
• Our new 1550 LT® high-strength, lightweight, military-grade, aluminum knuckles are loaded with our latest set of Dynatrac HD BallJoints™ yet. These are the last ball joints you’ll ever need, and are designed with larger stems and bodies for long life and high durability with big tires.
• Dynatrac’s exclusive 1550 LT wheel ends are equipped with our latest 35-spline or optional 40-spline Stub Hub™. Forged 4140, heat-treated, fixed spindles and serviceable wheel bearings support tires up to 44 inches.
• No other 4x4 front axle offers the ease of steering, low scrub radius, effective Ackermann angle and high steering linkage positioning.
• Includes Dynatrac high capacity 13.25-inch brake upgrade with new dual-piston front calipers and vented rotors.
• Includes our latest integrated track bar and ram-assist steering mounting package.
• Includes new HD tie rod, integral steering arm, new Dynatrac DHD™ drag-link sleeve, control arm bushings, CNC laser-cut HD suspension brackets, all professionally welded and installed.
• Includes DynaLoc™ locking hubs. DynaLoc hubs are over 3 times stronger than all other locking hubs on the market.
• Your choice of a ARB Air Locker or Auburn Gear ECTED Max locking differential and 5.38 gears.

BlackDiamond_JKU

Same same

Man this is a great deal on some sweet axels. I have a couple questions about the pro series in the back on the 60/60 package. Is the only difference that it's not a pro rock housing and not a high pinion? What would the advantages and disadvantages of the two? If you have a long travel suspension, which I don't YET, do you need the high pinion or not? I do a lot of rock crawling and clearance is an issue.
One more stupid question and I'm sure it's an nonissue with the front pro rock. Do they use a unit bearing in the front. If so do they wear out very fast? Of course with stock axel im replacing mine at least once a year, which is getting old. Time for an upgrade

yeah, I just placed my order for the 60/60 last week, and I was wondering the same thing. What is the difference in the Pro Rock 60, and the Pro 60 other than the pinion. Is the pro better, or is the pro rock better? And what is the clearance lost at the pumpkin running 37''s...
Should I just do 40's?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
yeah, I just placed my order for the 60/60 last week, and I was wondering the same thing. What is the difference in the Pro Rock 60, and the Pro 60 other than the pinion. Is the pro better, or is the pro rock better? And what is the clearance lost at the pumpkin running 37''s...
Should I just do 40's?

I wouldn't worry to much about clearance, 37's will be just fine. If down the road you want 40's, at least you got the axles for them. Are you going to be addressing steering and suspension to run 40's also? Just because you can run 40's now doesn't mean you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackDiamond_JKU

I wouldn't worry to much about clearance, 37's will be just fine. If down the road you want 40's, at least you got the axles for them. Are you going to be addressing steering and suspension to run 40's also? Just because you can run 40's now doesn't mean you have to.

Yeah, I'm going ahead and doing the hydro assist now with 37's.
I'm actually already on 37's with hopped up rubi Dana 44's
I blew my raptors stock steering with 37's, and my 2 door jk steering was weak as shit on the trail with 35's.

I'm already running a EVO Long arm with coilovers, ect...
I could do the hop to 40's now.

It's just with the length of road trips when I'm home, and being a daily driver, I'm not sure it's worth it until she's a weekend grocery getter.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'm going ahead and doing the hydro assist now with 37's.
I'm actually already on 37's with hopped up rubi Dana 44's
I blew my raptors stock steering with 37's, and my 2 door jk steering was weak as shit on the trail with 35's.

I'm already running a EVO Long arm with coilovers, ect...
I could do the hop to 40's now.

It's just with the length of road trips when I'm home, and being a daily driver, I'm not sure it's worth it until she's a weekend grocery getter.

----------------
2016 JKUR

“Our Country won’t go on forever if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America; because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

I'm not convinced that EVO bolt ons are the best match for 40's, and if you ordered your axles with 5.13 gears I would just stick with 37's.

BlackDiamond_JKU

I'm not convinced that EVO bolt ons are the best match for 40's, and if you ordered your axles with 5.13 gears I would just stick with 37's.

They're welded.

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”

BlackDiamond_JKU

What does that change?

Oh, I see, you're saying the entire kit I run (EVO Double D Pro Long Arm Kit) couldn't handle 40's.
I thought you just assumed I had the enforcer bolt on.
Why do you say it can't handle 40's?
JW, first time I've heard this.

----------------
2016 JKUR

Top Bottom